Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Funny Quotes

Options
  • 08-04-2002 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Lets try take the pi$$ out of the insurance industry as they are the taking the pi$$ when they quote us....lets go loko for the sadest, funniest quotes possible..

I'll start...

26yrs old, 4yr NCB, Full Lic 6 years...
    Car: Toyota Starlet 998cc 1996 Value 6k Euron Comprehensive

INSURER PREMIUM
    Eagle Star - Private Motor 1,081.16 851.48
    Royal + SunAlliance - Select 1,197.59 943.18
    AXA Male 1,231.15 969.61
    Allianz - Private Motor 1,287.89 1,014.30
    Royal + SunAlliance - Car Insurance 1,299.41 1,023.37

I love Ireland and our corrupt + self-preserving government.
    Think about this equation:

Premiums = Insurer profit + Claim expense + Solicitors expense (42%) + Gov Tax on Insurer's profit + Gov Tax on Solicitors profit

Now, lets say the government become a people's government and make the insurance market truly open to EU competition.

What happens the Premiums? They go down
    What happens government revenue? It goes down.

Does the government want this to happen? NO
    Will the government allow fair competition? NO

How can we change this? IMHO, A major shift in government policy on forcing revenues and for some TD's with actual GUTS to stand up and say 'this is enough'
    We need ;
    1) Categorisation of claims and caps to them. A tip, say cap 2k, etc.
    2) Solicitors, who we place so much faith in to cop on and charge justified rates.
    3) The legal system to speed up processing of claims, convictions so solicitors do not have justification to charge outragous fees.
    4) To swallow our pride and take a leave out of Sweden's book.

IMHO, of course..
    J.

J. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I think that one shouldnt bother with insurance till one is over 30:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Our goverment has been publicly repremandedby the EU over their VRT and the insurance scam of the century.

To export a car for Ireland before the goverment gets its fingers on it for Any tax, Ireland is the cheapest place to buy a car because the car manufacturers discount the price of the cars due to the EXCESSIVE!! taxes our goverment charges.
    Look at the cost of fuel and road tax. Ireland and UK are on their own when it comes to this. I was in Italy a few weeks ago and diesel was 35/37 cent and petrol was around 55 cent. compared to what is it now 80 to 87 cent for petrol.

Apprarently the Insurance thing is going to be opened to the rest of Europe by 2004. But Our Goverment will come up with something else to get around this.
    I'm off to look at my car, not to drive but to look at it.

Why do we put up with it.

Advertisement