Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with the breakfast show?

Options
  • 08-04-2002 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

:mad:

OK. Is Steve never coming back? And if he isn't, is anyone going to replace him? These canned breakfast shows are starting to piss me off.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

Rumour has it that Damien McCall will be hosting a new breakfast show, after being lured to Phantom in what is believed to be a two-figure deal. He will be ably assisted by fat fool Des Cahill, an alleged 'sports' presenter/reporter with obvious adenoidal problems.
    Mr. McCall was recently removed from the 2FM breakfast slot, in favour of a bungling gombeen-man who keeps commenting on his own technical ineptitude in the belief that this will somehow endear us to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Jaysus Joey!

Now everyone knows. We were only going with that idea because Gaybo wanted fresh cream and strawberries on his desk every morning.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

PS Pino, Steve had to give up the breakfast show due to paying work committments, but is still on Phantom on Friday nights from 9-11pm. Phantom has plans to sort the breakfast show out, and given time these will come to fruition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pino

Nice one! I'll be looking forward to hearing a human voice in the mornings again. Helps me cope with the ol' traffic....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

Actually what you used to hear in the mornings was "inhuman vice" not a human voice :)

I do miss the mornings, and wish I hadn't had to go, but it was a case of working the hours my (real) employers wanted, or not working at all . . .

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pino

>inhuman vice

:D That must be why I liked the show .... I'll try and catch you on Fridays but I live in Greystones where I still can't receive you guys. And listening to Phantom on a 33kbps modem line via the internet .... er...... :(

Any plans on extending your coverage down beyond Loughlinstown? Until I get to there (or when I've passed the roundabout in the evenings) I have to switch over to Today FM or some such crud. Eeeeeeek.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lisaq

yeah, extending coverage beyond loughlinstown sounds good to me... I'm down in Bray a good bit and it's really dodgy trying to get Phantom down there... but there is a certain spot on the top of the hill that sometimes... nevermind...
    Lisa Q

Advertisement