Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The most outragous quote ever!

Options
  • 08-04-2002 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Just want to know what is the most outragous quote anyone has gotten for insurance.

10000€ for 1992 starlet

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

What age are you etc full licence.I got a quote 0f€6995 for an 87 daihatsu domino.Im 27 full licence and 2 years NCB.Fair enough I was also trying to get my brother on the policy.But 10000 thats outrageous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am 27 full licence 5 years

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Quinn-Direct I presume!Bunch of robbers.All theyre short of doing is asking for the money with a shotgun and balaclava!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by Bond-James Bond
    I am 27 full licence 5 years

Try ringing One Direct. Have you had any convictions/claims/accidents in the past 5 years???

kayos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I got a much more resonable deal.

€800 FBD

Just wanted to see if anyone else was ever given a 5 figure quote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

There is a meeting in the Green Isle Hotel with various politicians regarding the motor insurance issue. Why not go along.

Check out http://www.mijag.com/news.asp

Media will be attending. There should be a good turnout and the politicians will finally see how big an issue this is for a sizeable proportion of the election.

Advertisement