Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is ESAT currently still trialing DSL?

Options
  • 08-04-2002 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭

Any hints or tips on when it'll all come to fruition?
    Also, what speeds are they trialing, and even more importantly, where?

I heard a vague rumour that businesses are apparently trialing in the Dublin area, and was wondering on details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

As far as i know they are. I got an offer of a trial last september but by that stage i was on the eircom trial (never rains but it pours...). AFAIK that trial is over, as someone posted here about it.
    They are possibly doing more trials as someone mentioned to me last night that esat dsl gives 'sweet pings'. He seemed pretty sure there were people running about online on esat dsl trials still.

Anyone got anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Dustaz
    someone mentioned to me last night that esat dsl gives 'sweet pings'. He seemed pretty sure there were people running about online on esat dsl trials still.

Sweeter than i-Stream then, Dustaz? I might drop i-Stream if I could get constant pings on DSL of under 50ms. Jumping between 60ms and 90ms is a bit much, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Yep there currently trialing but you cant jump on board anymore, they have all the trialists they need in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Kinda figured that. What I meant by dropping i-Stream was not signing up at the launch and instead waiting for Esat's product to launch - if I knew how sweet the pings were.. ;)

Any Esat triallist here could let us know a bit more?

P.S. I s'pose this is more suited to the Net/Comms board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

does anyone know which exchanges are being trialled, and if there's talk of a cap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I wonder if either eircom or esat have anyone trialing out in the stix.Surely it would be wise to see how lower populate ereas and remote exchanges handle the new technology.Though i would find it a chore i feel its my duty to put myself forward for this demanding testing process.:D

Stone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

a friend of mine had esat dsl trial in October and I spent the whole 4 weeks on it. Don't know about ping times but streaming video from the USA at 300k was perfect with no interruptions. The connection was 1mb and you could surf, watch video, check mail and use the other PCs on the network doing the same thing at full speed with no noticeable effect.

Advertisement