Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus-Cable decoders

Options
  • 08-04-2002 4:30pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 chorus cable decoders sitting at home doing nothing,one was left in the house by the previous tenant and the other I was given by chorus when I signed up for the Sky package.I ve since got rid of the package and was wondering How do chorus turn off the signal to the box?Is there any way of overcoming this?
    I mean can I use this box without Chorus knowing?I read somewhere about a blank eeprom chip which you can buy from the states which "learns" the code for satellite/cable.I didnt really take it in though.I dont mind opening one of these things up if I have to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

This thread is not going to last long as those chips are illegal.

Chorus will at some stage recollect the box from you. Not sure about the previous tenants one. The busiest man in Chorus at the moment is the man who goes around collecting the boxes from ex-customers. The collected our box about six months after we stopped subscribing.

Anyway why would you want to use the box. I can't believe the picture quality whenever I call to friends who are still with Chorus. Sky have spoilt us with good quality pictures and stereo too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I refer you to the rules of the ICDG Forums:

Don't discuss hacking systems.

ATTN: Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement