Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me changing school maybe possibly

Options
  • 08-04-2002 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hello all. My parents may be forcing me to change school to the Institute/Ashfield next year.

So I was wondering does anybody here go to either of those so
    1. I can know somebody if I go there
    2. I can find out what its like from ye.

Are they any good? Better teachers? How long are classes? etc. etc. and just generally would you advise it.

thx.

}:>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

GO TO ASHFIELD!!!

I'm definitely going there, and Hug is possibly.

So go there!!!

there are too many other people going to the institute, so go to ashfield!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Well... i know that the following people love it in the institute:

Deirdre Duffy*
    Eamonn Phelan*
    Jonah King
    Caroline Ahearne
    and a few others... i got lazy.

<* denotes 6th year this year and not there in 5th>

AND I'M GOING!

but if you go ashfield:
    My gay cousin is there.
    Um... neil is going there. he's gay too.
    um.... i dunno.

Go to institute! DAMMIT! BIATCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

marcus and a hat full of ctyier's will be in the tute(:D ) - i probably wont :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by lordsippa

Um... neil is going there. he's gay too.

Ecsqueeze me??

Mark, you not going to the institute??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

im not going to either!!!! i go to .....(drumroll)............. WEST HIGHSCHOOL!!!!! ick. the oldest school in the state. hmph. boy would i love to go to a different school. i dont kow WHICH school, mind you, seeing as the other ones around me are even suckier, but... maybe i will move over to Ireland and we can all go to school together!!! oh dear god, little miss sunshine is taking over!!! ack! must....control......hyperactivity...... ok. whew. close one. no more caffeine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Well thusfar I'd still consider either of them... but if I go to the institute somebody has to promise to protect me from one particular other student there (who nobody here has ever met, thank God).

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Dont know much bout the institute but I think sven's told you everything. My best friend's going to Ashfield in sept to repeat her leaving. I've been doing applied maths there this year, in with the fulltimers. The teachers are good there, but the facilities are crap for science/home ec/art/music. No labs, no dedicated art room, the music teacher brings an electric keyboard to class. About a quarter of my year went there this year, mixed opinions.
    They get quite good results though, I know a repeater who got 580 in the mocks with 100% in maths and applied maths.

Advertisement