Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review of the Price Cap on Certain Telecommunications Services

Options
  • 08-04-2002 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

I was away for the weekend, so I didn't get a chance to post this. It was in the Times on Saturday... (and I don't recall seeing it in any other thread.)
    Review of the Price Cap on Certain Telecommunications Services - odtr 02/21

The ODTR is reviewing the current price cap that has applied to seom services provided by eircom since January 1st 2000 and issued a consultation paper on 1st March 2002 to seek views from interested parties on whether or not prices currently in the price cap basket should continue to be capped. In addition views are also sought on what other services, if any should be considered within the context of anew price cap.

To ensure the widest level of participation the ODTR has decideed to extend the deadline for submission until the 19th April, 2002. The paper ODTR 02/21 "Review of the Price Cap on Certain Telecommunications Services - Consultation Paper" can be viewed on the ODTR website www.odtr.ie
    (followed by contact details, etc.)

The doc can be found at:
    http://www.odtr.ie/docs/odtr0221.doc

I've only briefly read it, but I think this may be a way to look for say a €30 price cap on all internet calls in a month... - and force it by legislation. Completely seperate to the LLU debate, which could be another 50 years in the courts.

Not sure if I should have started a new thread with this - Dustaz, feel free to move it if you wish :)

Tim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Reply to "Timod",

I sure hope you are correct. Thanks for the info and the link which I will study with great interest later tonight.

You are also I think right when you say this could have warranted being a new thread on its own merits.

Good luck to you,

Yours, paddy20:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

New thread created. Seems good enough to warrant its own thread.

(PS, this modding lark is easy - 2 good suggestions so far on what to do keep em coming :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Yup, I'm looking into this, and may well get more info from the ODTR on it tomorrow. Thanks Timod.

Advertisement