Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images in Mozilla

Options
  • 08-04-2002 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

For some reason, and its not on all sites, Mozilla is having trouble rendering some pictures, especially on boards.ie, anyone know why, and/or a fix??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

did you upgrade mozilla?

are all the images png's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Dont mean to sound like a twat here, but wtf is mozilla?

Alternative browser ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

dunno theyre all from boards, tbh thats what i thought at first too, but I just checked the code and they all seem to be gifs here. Its a fairly recent release alright Gecko/20020311 but it just refuses to show the images on boards. I have mozilla on linux, and was using it on unix in college today and it seemed okay, I dunno whats wrong *shrugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by havok*
    http://www.mozilla.org

Originally posted by havok*

Alternative browser ?

Indeed it is, in fact its so good it has taken pride of place above opera for me now get it here http://www.mozilla.org

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Baz_
    Wow. Is that a coincidence or what? I'm using the exact same build -- 2002031104, WinXP and I'm seeing no problems. Grab yourself a new one, and see if that fixes it.

dunno theyre all from boards, tbh thats what i thought at first too, but I just checked the code and they all seem to be gifs here. Its a fairly recent release alright Gecko/20020311 but it just refuses to show the images on boards. I have mozilla on linux, and was using it on unix in college today and it seemed okay, I dunno whats wrong *shrugs*

ahh, I had trouble with mozilla not showing png's after an upgrade.

I'd run mozilla from a console to see if it's spewing errors :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Yeah it's a known issue with Mozilla Baz. The Dev team are actually working on it, at the mo there's no reason why it shouldn't be rendering images but alot of time images either don't render at all or come up as broken and everytime you refresh diff images come up as broken.

It may be a coding issue with sites themselves or an "alt" tag related issue as you may notice the "alt" tag doesn't show up on sites as it's not actually W3C so not supported by Mozilla.

Anyway it should be fixed in a future release.

.logic.

top man logic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Microsoft Internet Explorer will kick u're Mozilla's ass!

:)

hope German is treatin you well!

get in touch, u know the address!

FYI new Laptop and campus has super fast speed connection, this thursday!

What happened to Opera??

• Advertisement

opera sucks donkeys balls, relative to mozilla, score on the laptop, Ill be kicking your ass soon on the auld internet so, cant wait.

Oh and IE is evil.

opera sucks donkeys balls, relative to mozilla, score on the laptop, Ill be kicking your ass soon on the auld internet so, cant wait.

Oh and IE is evil.

Galeon is king
    then mozilla
    then opera
    then netscape
    the IE

IE is soooo feature lacking ...

okay nutscrape is not better than IE, i dont care how feature lacking or how evil it is, nutscrape is the worst browser on the planet

Just to advise people.

I was having more problems with Mozilla again today, this time with a style sheet apparently not being used. When I saw this I remembered that this only happened on sites that I had already visited, so I guessed it might be a cache problem. I emptied the cache and set the "check files how often" (or similar) option to every time I visit the page, and it seems to be working fine now.

okay nutscrape is not better than IE, i dont care how feature lacking or how evil it is, nutscrape is the worst browser on the planet

actually yeah i agree galeon, then mozilla, then, knoqueror, then ie, then netscape

Advertisement