Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indo: East Fusion May Close!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. The consumer division of Esat has always been messy, disorganised and appears to have little or no focus. Marketing and advertising has been atrocious, customer relations has been (as we all know) simple embarassing, and the mergers and acquisitions since IOL/PostGem were questionable at best. (Although to be fair, I suppose there was only one.)

It's a tricky one to call really, if they do pull out. Will they try to divest themselves of Oceanfree and IOL? Will anybody be intersted in them? It'd be a difficult call for the venture capitalists who would have to make the decision, because the market is bad, but it should be moving towards an upswing now. There's also competition to consider. The kneejerk reaction is to think that this will be bad for competition, but it's just as possible that it would be absolutely wonderful for competition.

Very interesting. Thanks for the heads-up Fungus.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Interesting... I was in a meeting there recently and I did notice that morale appeared to be pretty low (and not terribly discretely hidden). Cooke’s resignation adds further fire to rumours.

As for what will happen to either Oceanfree/IOL, I’m surprised both brands were not merged a long time ago, but now (were I a betting man) I’d think IOL to be the better option for someone to buy up.

Advertisement