Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

great songs but shyte lyrics

Options
  • 09-04-2002 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭

anyone out there have songs that they really love but some o the lyrics just make then cringe
    1 "i am nothing and should be everything" methadone pretty by manics. love the song but its pointless pretentious qouting of karl marks
    2 "she said i know you and you cannot sing i said thats nothing you should see me play piano" queen is dead by the smiths awful lyric
    3 "we're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year" wish you were here by pink floyd cringe worthy
    4 all of the oasis songs i like:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

hey...

leave the floyd outta this debate...

all their lyrics make so much sense to me!!

Kurdt:knockedout:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ahhhhh
    i cant believe you just said that about the queen is dead thats one of their best lyrics!!!
    well..i love 10,000 hz legend by air but my friend smack has a real problem with the lyrics of wonder milky bitch particularly the one that goes "she came to me with her murder boots, she destroyed all my carpets..." but i like it...
    gosh im trying to think of lyrics like that, but its hard
    *runs to look at cd collection for inspiration*
    nope cant find anything i cringe at
    i dont like when lyrics sound a bit pretentious...and i suppose a band i'd find that with is radiohead, probably.

oh any of bjork's songs about carnal knowlege can be quite cringeworthy particularly if your parents hear it and ask you if that lyric is about what they think it is and saying stuff like "that is disgraceful". (which is pretty rich coming from my mum who tries to joke about stuff like that in front of me all the time which I dont need to hear...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I agree with bandit altough I love the manic's it can get on youre nerves all of the communist quotes such as the poem on the back of gold against the soul. They do have some great lyrics that are great though such as "you shove roast beef down my neck while you sit there savoring your sole riveta" or somthing like that from 4st 7lb. I think the reason for this is the fact that nicky wire thinks he is the soon of god he is extremly pretenious. Give peace a chance by jhon lennonnis also extremly cringe worthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keithburke

In "One", of course one of the best songs ever....

there are both the best lyrics in the song and the worst in the same sentence.

"Did I ask too much" ---- ok, fine so far
    "More than a lot"
    agggh, brutal.... What are you at Bono
    " You gave me nothing,
    now, it's all I got"
    Redemption, well done boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

Originally posted by keithburke

"More than a lot"

" You gave me nothing,
    now, it's all I got"

well, good lyrics are not really the thing you should ask bono for, are they? one is among his best ones if you ask me... about 99% of the other stuff is absolutely cringeworthy, actually..

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

oh whats that song about new york by u2. the lyrics are VERY crap, like he ran out of things to say so he just started singing about bloody obvious things such as "in new york a lot of people drive cars"
    (well....maybe not that bad but its close)

and its raining men if it rained men it wouldn't be hallelujiah but Ambulence please, and we'd all probably end up dead. and you wouldnt get absolutely soaking wet you'd get absolutely crushed to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

"generals gathered in their masses... just like witches at black masses" War Pigs by Sabbath.... stunning song, pants lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Victory and Psychotron, both by Megadeth.
    Part bionic, And organic, not a cyborg; Call him Psychotron!

Jeez. What the hell were they thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Blur - Song 2

(i might be gettin this mixed up but me thinks it goes summat like dis)

I got my head checked
    By a Jumbo Jet
    It wasn't easy
    But nothing i-is

Wooohoooo
    When i feel heavy metal

Wooohoooo
    And i'm pins and i'm needles

Wooohoooo
    Well, I lie and I'm easy
    All the time but I am never sure
    Why I need you
    Pleased to meet you

MMMMM!!! Meaningful

Cool song tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Originally posted by Neil3030

I got my head checked
    By a Jumbo Jet
    It wasn't easy
    But nothing i-is

I always thought it was "got my head shaved by a Jumbo Jet". Not that that makes any more sense!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

Originally posted by keithburke

"More than a lot"

" You gave me nothing,
    now, it's all I got"

1: u2 aren't 'our boys'
    2: one is a terrible bland soppy MOR song....
    3: lyrics are no worse the rest of bono's pretentious crap...
    4: redemption? is bono dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

how about **** songs and **** lyrics????? anything by radiohead would suffice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

"Today at the New Morocco
    I got kicked in the taco"

Certainly not (the other) CFK's finest moment by any stretch of the imagination!

Advertisement