Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for decent progressive Techno

• 09-04-2002 1:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any artists for me? Aside from Dave Clark and Ken Iishi and a few others i'm fairly clueless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wiredtothemoon

try luke slater, richie hawtin (both playing in dublin in a few weeks :) and on the same weekend :D )

also check out steve stoll, umek

i dont think any of them are really "progressive techno" , come to think of it i'm not exactly sure what "progressive" means - who decides that anyway??

lots of people like jeff mills also.....hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by wiredtothemoon
    i dont think any of them are really "progressive techno" , come to think of it i'm not exactly sure what "progressive" means - who decides that anyway??

Progressive, as in to progress. Meaning it builds up.

So whenever you hear stuff that is building up, it is progressive.

Progressive, as in to progress.
    ah.....
    you mean sasha, oakenfold, digweed, etc.....? not really my cup of tea (and not what i would call techno either) but some of it can be ok.

anyway Lex, just listen to as much varied music as u can cos only you know what you like and don't like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Thanks for the names there. I have some Jeff Mills stuff (Liquid Room 96 + 2000) and that's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

I thought progressive meant pushing the boundrys of the certain style making it more new and interesting like tool being progressive metal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

I thought progressive meant pushing the boundrys of the certain style making it more new and interesting like tool being progressive metal

i thought that aswell, although i'm not sure about the "interesting" part......
    i'm sure most people don't care what label someone else puts on a tune - it's either good or it isn't

Nope, when you're talking about progressive music, it's usualy stuff that builds up.

Seeing that's a good discription of Tool, you've got the right idea on what bands.
    Just listen to that song Schizm. Or anything by Opeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Hmm yes ok thats true
    Opeth yea k what album wud ya recomend a shtarter 2 lishnen ta? Oh check out toolshed.down.net the new video for Parabola looks rightgood (as usual they all do)

Oh and concerning the actual topic my friend saw lute slater live and was singing him praizes so i downloaded a song called all exhale which is pretty weird but works,must check out some more stuff

Hmm...
    I suppose the newest Opeth album would be the best. Blackwater Park.
    But they're all about as difficult to get into.
    We are talking about one of the most complex bands out there. :)

Just don't expect anything like Tool.
    Other than the fact that they're Progressive Metal, there's barely any similarity.
    You'd be pretty hard fetched to find any band that sounds like Opeth.

Actualy Lex, since I'll be seeing you at the pissup on the 27th, I'll ask a friend of mine in Dublin about the best Progressive Techno. He knows just about everything about that kind of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

Samuel L Session

Adam Beyer, pretty much anything on drumcode label

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

eh? mills plays a hard techno, normaly plays the same stuff as richtie hawtin and derrick may etc, detroit / minimal techno, which is not for you i think, is a desired tasxte that style of musik:>

everyone is tryin to come up with a new name to describe there music, sayin its a different style, when most are playing the same 20 records. they hear soem big paid DJs play them, then everyone wants to play em. dotn copy others, make ur own style, use ur own records, somthign you liek, not that everyone plays, try make ppl think '****, whats that record??'

Advertisement