Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mods

• 09-04-2002 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

how does one become a moderator anyway? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

By using the Amp Test method :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

well that made for an interesting read and all but really, how does one become a mod? Maybe you can just tell me How you become one keeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

you can't just become a mod. you have to have it given to you by an admin. they are the only one's who choose. pestering them to become a mod wont get you anywhere. it's a dictatorship, not a democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

wow, so they just read threads and decide to ask one of the posters if they'd like to be a mod then?
    I guess that sounds fair enough , I was just wondering;)
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Of course, I paid rather a lot of money for my moderatorship.

Worth every penny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by zenith
    Of course, I paid rather a lot of money for my moderatorship.

Worth every penny.
    When she said moderate, she didn't mean an S&M trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by IRISHLILY24
    well that made for an interesting read and all but really, how does one become a mod? Maybe you can just tell me How you become one keeks?

There was a problem with spam and muppetry on the For Sale board and I offered to help out. That all. b4 u used to ask the admins whenever a moderatorship became available, and if they like u enough that was it. But now because of abuse of privledges there is a bit more to it. Ususllay you will have to be here for a good while, have an interest/good working knowledge of the forum to be moderated, be open minded and not biased, and most importantly not act the muppet.

There is nothing special bout being a mod. U just get to open/close threads, move threads and delete spam. You are just a manual spam filter.

Advertisement