Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joypad question

• 09-04-2002 3:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

i was wondering if there is any kind of generic peice of software that can be used to remap the buttons and axis on a joypad to say keystrokes and mouse movments. all of the stuff ive come across is specific to one make or brand of controller. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'm not sure of any software that can do that...
    But I was just thinking of how cool it would be to remap your joypad to switch tracks/volume control in winamp. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i thought it would be easy to do because all joypads or joysticks just make direct input calls so it would be just a matter of intercepting those calls and reroutinging them oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

heheheheehheeeee i found it

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823/joytokey/english.html

get your usb joystick working in dos boxes, use you joypad as a mouse it does it all

Advertisement