Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quotes

Options
  • 09-04-2002 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

A few quotes that I thought were cool:)

Otto von Bismarck
    When a man says he approves of something in principle, it means he hasn't the slightest intention of carrying it out in practice.

-- Chinese Proverb
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

-- Bill Cosby
    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

-- Thomas A. Edison
    Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work.

-- Albert Einstein
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.

-- Henry Ford
    Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
    Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
    You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do.

-Alfred Hitchcock
    We seem to have a compulsion these days to bury time capsules in order to give those people living in the next century or so some idea of what we are like. I have prepared one of my own. I have placed some rather large samples of dynamite, gunpowder, and nitro-glycerine. My time capsule is set to go off in the year 3000. It will show them what we are really like."

-- Charles Kettering
    People are very open-minded about new things--as long as they're exactly like the old ones.

-- David McIntosh
    The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, and there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence. Yet, government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-- P. J. O'Rourke
    There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

-Alfred Hitchcock
    We seem to have a compulsion these days to bury time capsules in order to give those people living in the next century or so some idea of what we are like. I have prepared one of my own. I have placed some rather large samples of dynamite, gunpowder, and nitro-glycerine. My time capsule is set to go off in the year 3000. It will show them what we are really like."
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

"There are three types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!"

"Live fast, die young, leave an exquisit corpse."

"If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving isn't for you."

"I'm not worried about the pace life is going at, I'm more worried about the sudden stop at the end"

"Give a man a fish he will be fed for a day, teach a man how to fish he will be fed for life "

"Teach a man how to make fire he will be warm for a while, set a man alight he will be warm forever!"

Advertisement