Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 75 hour limit on SNL

• 30-04-2001 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I got the esat letter today and I rang up to to kick the **** out of them, but they are not disconnecting anyone, but are imposing a 75 hour limit. If you go over that thay will kick you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

How will you know you've gone over the 75 hour limit?
    Are they going to mail you just before you approach it or something?
    Sounds like a crock of sh!t to me.
    At the moment i'm hoping UTV will come through with the goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I assume they mean a 75 hour limit per 3 days and 3 hours surely...

wink.gif

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

thats aload of bullox, i spend 100+ a week,
    and their still avertiseing it as "unlimited hours" what i bought said for £20 a month you can access the internet from 6pm to 8 am the next day and all weekend,
    this is actually what they say, i have never ever ever heard of an hour limit before, i have a download limit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Why the fek didnt they give evryone this warning and not kik peeps straight away ME is very annoyed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

Can anyone tell is it 75 hours a week? or 75 a months? Have IOL info on this, on a website? If so, where?

This all seems to be one big **** up by Esat

• Advertisement

75 a month, you got the letter if you went over 75

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The letter distinctly says "your IOL NoLimits service will be discontinued". If what you say it true, they're on the back foot now. I think Mr. Conlan-Trant should start looking for a new job. He obviously knows nothing about marketing. Although I guess it pretty much qualifies you for a job in Esat if you haven't a bulls notion what you're doing. (Sorry Dave. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

well from speaking on the phone to esat fusion today it appears that you can keep you iol nolimits connection if you "promise" not to go over the 75 hours per month. This is coming straight from a esat customer care fellow , of course I told him where he can go and shove his 75 hours smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    I think Mr. Conlan-Trant should start looking for a new job. He obviously knows nothing about marketing. Although I guess it pretty much qualifies you for a job in Esat if you haven't a bulls notion what you're doing. (Sorry Dave. smile.gif</font>

I think that this Conlan-Trant character is a complete moron in terms of marketing. I have said so on HW. Of course I was going to suggest that as a peace offering Esat could serve up his head on a plate since he would not miss it as it is clear that he doesn't use it but that was going too far. (I've already said that the board of Eircom (with the exception of Peter Lynch) should be tried for economic treason. :-) Esat have fscked up big time on this one.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

ud be as well off going with eircon for the 75 hours.What use is 75 hours to anyone!Id fart that amount away in a decent week playing TFC.Ah well im juse gona get me moneys worth out of the last month biggrin.gif

downloaded 80 megs last night all the mods and patches available for halflife before the month is out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I know this isn a bit off topic.. but is there a new patch comming out for halflife?
    if so what mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jademan

Its about to feature on TV3 news for anybody that is interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/18656.html

Made one news site at least.

75 Hours a month = 2.5hours a day. They have got to be kidding.

Lets say it's 56k modem at max speed of about 5k a second. That would be roughly about 12MB an hour. Allowing you to download 30MB a day.

And 120 quid is a MONTH??? WTF is happening over there? My most expensive internet connection is $40 for my Palm pilot which is unlimited access, and I probably get a better connection. My Cable is only $30 a month and that's unlimited too.

I think someone seriously needs to do something about this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hi John,
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I think that this Conlan-Trant character is a complete moron in terms of marketing. I have said so on HW. Of course I was going to suggest that as a peace offering Esat could serve up his head on a plate since he would not miss it as it is clear that he doesn't use it but that was going too far. (I've already said that the board of Eircom (with the exception of Peter Lynch) should be tried for economic treason. :-) Esat have fscked up big time on this one.</font>

I couldn't really say meself John, because I've never even heard of the guy before. I'm leaning towards it being just a monumental ****up - fnarr - but I've become a conspiracy theorist in the last few years, and because of that I find it difficult to believe that Esat are really so stupid as to forget completely about the end of April dealine for Eircom and LLU pricing. Whatever about the actual announcement - who knew Etain Doyle was going to finally grow teeth on the matter - they had to know /something/ was going to happen. You'd think they would have postponed it a few days to see what happened???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/18656.html

Made one news site at least.

75 Hours a month = 2.5hours a day. They have got to be kidding.

Lets say it's 56k modem at max speed of about 5k a second. That would be roughly about 12MB an hour. Allowing you to download 30MB a day.

And 120 quid is a MONTH??? WTF is happening over there? My most expensive internet connection is $40 for my Palm pilot which is unlimited access, and I probably get a better connection. My Cable is only $30 a month and that's unlimited too.

I think someone seriously needs to do something about this.

</font>

basically www.theregister.co.uk got the facts wrong its £120 a year and u still pay the penny a minute ?!?!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭cueball

I feel sorry for you guys, that is awful =(

Shame you dont have NTL cable 25 quid per month, unlimited time.

OR

NTL world free 56k dial up 24/7 but a 2hr cut off. I have my username and password still that i NEVER use wink.gif

cueball yea its a shame, only problem is we would have to be english,
    imagine not staying up past 3am, having sex with the lights off, drinking **** poor bear,
    and living in a country that like the back end of a cows **** .
    all of a sudden i think you can keep your braodband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

heres a thought. if u havent already done this you may want to visit your bank branch and get the direct debit to esat stopped. They've gotten some money out of me yeah sure but when it comes to the last months payment, I will send it to them 75 pence at a time, just like their 75 hour limit. Hey I know its petty, but its how I get my laughs.

Jelvon - I said the same to the customer care rep when she said I could keep the service if I stayed under the limit. I let the old filthy tongue rip. Felt goooooooood.

thsi is great, the irish times says the cut off, only effected people using the internet more then 75 - 100 hours a WEEK, can none of these people get it straight, its a month, we will losse support because of the irish times stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jelvon:
    well from speaking on the phone to esat fusion today it appears that you can keep you iol nolimits connection if you "promise" not to go over the 75 hours per month. This is coming straight from a esat customer care fellow , of course I told him where he can go and shove his 75 hours smile.gif</font>

Has anyone else been told this by ESAT

OOOHH,I hear laughter in the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

mweheehehe well it seems esat have ****ed up bigtime this time, cuz if LLU happens, which it probably won't as eircom will go to court over it, but if it does, noone will want to use esat again, after this ****e.

You have served me well, Now get the **** out of here.

Advertisement