Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gamecube

Options
  • 09-04-2002 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

has anyone figured out yet where the cheapest place to buy a cube will be? seems the pre-order scheme is going quite well...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'd say it'll be roughly the same everyone. Check with Smyths. They seem good with games and stuff.

There's a few games on pre-order here
    http://www.play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

It would be a nice idea to get a list of all the prices for gamecube consoles/games and bundles in Irish stores wouldnt it?
    Anyone willing to try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

i've heard tell that it *will* be 249 enrons which i severely doubt, but anyone heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Amazon in germany are charging €249 so I guess we'll be charged the same.

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005YXRN/qid=1018428894/sr=8-1/ref=sr_aps_prod_1_1/028-4148091-6475747

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the irish stores are supposed to charge €249 but most of them are complaining that they will make very little profit from it at that price. €249 is the recommended retail price. not sure about the games.

• Advertisement

Well, HMV told me €300 and Dixons have a bundle with any game and an extra controller for €390 so it looks to me that €300 for the console alone looks to be the standard.

€300 sounds a bit steep. XBOX/PS2 prices are pretty uniform throughout Europe. Why can't Nintendo do the same?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo can only give the recommended retail price for the console the shop owners don't have to stick with it. 249 euro seems to be the rrp in europe but i wouldn't be surprised if the irish shop owners overcharge us for it. It won't be the first time or the last. They can't use the exchange rate excuse any more though. Get it on mail order from another european site if the gamecube is overpriced here, some are doing some excellent bundle deals

Post a few of the websites then will ya retro?

I remember I bought the N64 on day one only to see price come down within weeks. Won't be doin that again. Just bought the PS2 a few weeks ago after the price came down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry don't know any myself but i've heard a lot of people are getting them off the net and heard some of the bundles, most are great value i'll put one up when i hear about it again. I'm not getting one til i start work again after college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

so far it seems gameworld is the cheapest with their 'circa 279' quote. i guess the norm will be 300. is this actually legally ok now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Im going with Smiths was in EB and they only doing Bundles In Liffey valley ,i said its wont sell that well ,the girl they only had bundles (maybe she knew i was going to use play.com for the games )
    Smiths were saying €260 but it wasnt finalised and we all now how competitive they can be :)
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

beware if ur buyin a gamecube, cause all u get if u buy it is the gamecube itself, no controller, no ac adapter, no connection for tv, and no games. i have a japanese gc and its pretty good.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You do get all necessary equipment Pad Ac tv in etc:
    its on the box In Eb .
    You dont get a game obvioulsy.
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

sorry, maybe ur right, thats just what i heard, sorry if i put anyone off.

Was in GAME today and one of the staff there said that it they dont have a sure price for it yet although they are planning at €279 but, he said, it may go down further. He mentioned that they were orignally going to have it at €300. So, to me it looks like there is something of a price war going on before the console even launches. Maybe we might get a shop going with the Nintendo RRP of €250?

Advertisement