Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voter's Register

• 09-04-2002 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

I'm registered to vote, because a leaflet came through the letterbox which we just had to fill in and send back, however, i was shocked during the recent referendum to find that many of my friends hadn't voted, because they weren't registered. i was appaled, but some of them said they didnt know how to, or they hadnt received this leaflet.

where do you register to vote? i know there's somewher you can view the voters register, but where?

i'm hoping to give them all the information they need, so i can encourage them to vote in the upcoming elections, and i need all the ammunition i can get, so they have no reason not to!

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The simplest way to both check the register and to actually register is by going along to your local corpo/county council office.

Don't forget if you're a student you are totally entitled to keep yourself registered both at your home and term addresses (only allowed use one per election though :D)

You can also see the register at your local post office, most college libraries and a few other locations. First way is the easiest, imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also available at Garda stations.

teh relevant department in your local authority is the Franchise Department (also known as voter registration).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Get form from Garda station. Fill in details. Fold form over onto itself. Pop in post box(no stamp required).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Garda station makes sense (idiot here forgot about that one)

Advertisement