Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Freemasons?

• 09-04-2002 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

what is this? :eek: how do we join??? :confused::D:D

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

FatB, would you mind checking that PM I sent you, haven't checked if you've read it or not, but I've gotten no reply and like to know if you can do it or not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Meet logic1 in a dark alley way and bring lube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Steele_Manheim

Isn't the point of the masons that it's somewhat secretive. Not everyone blaring about it in their signatures?

eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

We could tell you.

But then... we'd have to kill you. And then we'd cook you at Gas Mark 6 for four hours until thoroughly roasted, and serve slices with a light pepper sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ill just start my own club, with hookers and blackjack.

ahhh just forget about the club part then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Felix Randel

Freemasons are respectable citizens who are taught to respect and conform to the moral laws of society and to abide by the laws of the country or state in which they reside. They are men of charity and good works who strive to support those less fortunate than themselves both inside and outside the order.

It is the world's oldest and largest fraternity dating back at least to the Middle Ages. Its purpose is to promote the bonds of friendship, compassion and brotherly love. Politics has no role in it. Neither is it a religion as some would have you believe but rather a friend and promoter of all religions which are based on the belief in one God. Regardless of their position in society, Freemasons meet as equals. One of the most fascinating aspects of Freemasonry has always been how so many men from so many different walks of life can meet together in peace, never discuss politics or engage in religious debates, conduct their affairs in harmony and friendship, and call each other "Brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Felix Randel
    Freemasons are respectable citizens who are taught to respect and conform to the moral laws of society and to abide by the laws of the country or state in which they reside. They are men of charity and good works who strive to support those less fortunate than themselves both inside and outside the order.

It is the world's oldest and largest fraternity dating back at least to the Middle Ages. Its purpose is to promote the bonds of friendship, compassion and brotherly love. Politics has no role in it. Neither is it a religion as some would have you believe but rather a friend and promoter of all religions which are based on the belief in one God. Regardless of their position in society, Freemasons meet as equals. One of the most fascinating aspects of Freemasonry has always been how so many men from so many different walks of life can meet together in peace, never discuss politics or engage in religious debates, conduct their affairs in harmony and friendship, and call each other "Brother

So its a gay-club then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Felix Randel

Traditionaly in ireland its a rich, protestant gay club.

Originally posted by Felix Randel
    Traditionaly in ireland its a rich, protestant gay club.

that explains Logic and Shinji then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

they are discovered!!

i thought freemasons were supposed to be a secret society!
    and people put it in thier sigs and the latest posts come up on the home page

a secret online society.....I've heard it all now

btw i'm off to my private chat page, where we all wear masks, walk around naked and worship plucked turkeys...come on it'll be fun

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, what is all the stuff about Freemasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Sorry FatB but the first rule of the Freemasons is that you can't tell anybody about us.
    The second rule of Freemasons is that you can't tell anybody about us.

Or have I got my different hobbies mixed up ? Damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Originally posted by SearrarD
    btw i'm off to my private chat page, where we all wear masks, walk around naked and worship plucked turkeys...come on it'll be fun

:p

I'm there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

FREE WILLY!

.logic.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its a bit of an in joke but remember anyone can request a private board. The admins always have rights to access it but if you want a board for private stuff then fire away.

This is really for a bunch of Dubs who know each other in person and want to chat/post without spamming other boards.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I thought it was created (or at least publicised) to laugh at the amount of people who ask for membership?

It's pretty hilarious if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well as a stone cutter I should be allowed join :)

kayos

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

what I want to know is - what are ye saying about 'new members'?????? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

it's men only isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by SheroN
    it's men only isn't it?
    At this point I scream Equal Status Act!

• Advertisement

Equal status what?..for a supposed organisation that doesn't even exsist? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'm rolling up my left trouser leg right now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by SheroN
    Equal status what?..for a supposed organisation that doesn't even exsist? ;)

heheheh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

We don't need no steenking freemasons

Would have been so much better if yiz didnt actually put "I'M A BOARDS FREEMASON!1!£!!" in yer sigs, just the logo would have made people even more confused and curious.

Maybe.

or didnt confuse people by having it mentioned in the latest 20 posts and them not being able to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by smak
    or didnt confuse people by having it mentioned in the latest 20 posts and them not being able to see it.

was just about to say that too.

A secret society (that doesn't exist anyway ;) ) shouldn't be advertised to all non members.

Or maybe they're trying a bit of the old "Plausible Deniability" trick like americans working on top secret stuff. :eek:

Civilian: "I saw a U.F.O!! Why are you hiding the truth!!??!"

Secret Service Guy: " No you didn't. You saw some Top Secret Military Hardware and it would breach national security to tell you about it"

Civilian: "Ok so i saw some Top Secret Military Hardware!!"

Secret Service Guy: " No you didn't. We have no such projects being operated by the U.S. Government, related agencies or Pupet Regiemes"

Civilian: "er.....ahh....I guess i didn't see anything so...i think"

Secret Service Guy: " Exactly", turns to partner whispers "Note that civilians details, we may have to deal with him again"

Call in Moulder and Scully!! :p

true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Scruff

Call in Moulder and Scully!! :p

Why? theres nothing to see here. move along.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

am I the only one here that's curious?? they are having a discussion about 'The Real Boards Beer' nighout out right now, what's that all about, are they gonna do something drastic once they have rounded us up in the pub??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by Dustaz

Why? theres nothing to see here. move along.

well because they never find concrete evidence that all those aliens\monster\old women with no legs under the bed ever exist.

they'd add credibility to the fact that there actually is nothing to see here by not being able to prove there is. As for them not proving that there is nothing there either, it all adds to the plausible deniability and confusion.

who's discussing what they're going to do on the boards beer night?

Im confused, what is a freemason anyway??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Time for a counter-movement, methinks.

Say hello to the Boards.ie Knights of Comeonbanus.

About time too.

If you're a true non-mason, feel free to join in.

K

all this take of masons and anti masons makes me dizzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Kix
    Time for a counter-movement, methinks.

Say hello to the Boards.ie Knights of Comeonbanus.

About time too.

If you're a true non-mason, feel free to join in.

K

I'll join you!!! :D

Now a proud member of the Boards.ie Knights of Comeonbanus™ 2002

We should request a new private board for no other reason, than to have people wonder what we're talking about when strangely titled posts appear in the top 20 latest posts!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Clearly, there is no masonic organisation on boards.ie.

There has been no irrefutable evidence to confirm nor deny the existance of such a clandestine group of undoubtedly nefarious individuals, nor has any reports that seek to acertain the validity of the aformentioneds aims and/or value sets been authenticated by an independant body.

Vidi Vici Veni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

this is getting out of hand like the time I wanted to join the "No Stuarts" club but they wouldn't let me because Stuart Smith had already joined and it was a "No Stuarts" plural club.

Kids can be so cruel

I have to go and cry now

like the time I wanted to join the "No Stuarts" club but they wouldn't let me because Stuart Smith had already joined and it was a "No Stuarts" plural club.

And like the time you watched that simpsons episode about the no homers clud then changed the names and applied it to your own life and posted it on boards.ie

.logic.

Originally posted by logic1

And like the time you watched that simpsons episode about the no homers clud then changed the names and applied it to your own life and posted it on boards.ie

.logic.

Criticism from Ceasar.

OOOhhh you spotted my attemp at humour by using the plot of a popular tv programe and chaging the characters and names to suit my situation.

I shall go hang me head in shame at the thought of being ousted :(

• Advertisement

Originally posted by stu_69

OOOhhh you spotted my attemp at humour by using the plot of a popular tv programe and chaging the character to suit my situation.

I shall go hang me head in shame at the thought of being ousted :(

That attitude won't get you into the organisation that doesn't exist. The Knights of Comeonbanus will take you though. They take all the rejects.

.logic.

clearly logic, because im the founding member of the boards.ie lodge of the nohomers club. just got conformation from patrick stwer.... i mean Number One.

Originally posted by logic1

That attitude won't get you into the organisation that doesn't exist. The Knights of Comeonbanus will take you though. They take all the rejects.

.logic.

Well well. I will not take to being called a reject. I would like to let you know that I have no interest in joining any club that does not exist. Any club with an inferiorty complex is not the place for me.

But if you want sarcasm let me know and I would be ahapy to provide.....

join the nohomers club, stu!! we'll take you and look after you. sexual favours?? you got it!

stu_69
    Gigs / Events Mod

request
    come on let met in to the freemasons board!!!!

I have saggy man breasts

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.

Q.E.D - The point is mute.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

Smak................Can i join??????? gwan, gwan, gwan.............. :)

thats it I don't have to take this I'm off to find some small child to beat up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by smak
    sexual favours?? you got it!
    WOOHOO sign me up for 5!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

screw you guys im gonna start my own freemasons, with blackjack.. and hookers... in fact forget the freemasons and the blackjack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    I'll join you!!! :D

Fantastic! Another member. That makes at least four. Or three. I forget.

Come on stu_69, become an alternative winner.

Smak, can we tempt you over?

K

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement