Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Work

• 09-04-2002 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations on companies that take on people for no-real-experience/qualifications summer work (apart from general shop assistant/strawberry picker) ?

all sorts of stuff, some of my friends are getting restless and most of the places they've contacted say no jobs without qualifications.

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

have you considered the student summer job scheme? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by azezil
    have you considered the student summer job scheme? ;)

For leaving cert students? wherE?

<< Fio >>

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Try here...

You might find something worth looking at on this website

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Try here...

You might find something worth looking at on this website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by smiles

For leaving cert students? wherE?

<< Fio >>
    god i can't remember i just remember hearing about it in secondary school, ask your career guidance councillor about it .

The pay is crap but'll keep ya busy for a couple of months/ :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

here...maybe

its a call centre

that summer work thing is cool, but u get paid in one lump sum in october...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭androphobic

The summer work thing azezil is talking about is only for 3rd level students and you have to satisify a means test, although apparently it's not as strict as the means test for the 3rd level grant - anyway LC students don't qualify.

Oh and the wage rate is 3.81 euro per hour - its ironic that the govt pays below the minimum wage rate.

Anyway :) while we're on the topic, I have the same dilemma but my case is slightly different as I am in college, but since I study French and German (with Business), I'd like to find a job abroad this summer but I really don't know where to look. I've had a look at some job sites on the net but they haven't been much help. Any suggestions? :)

Advertisement