Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest prices on the web????

• 09-04-2002 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

If one were to start building a pc from scratch in Ireland and wanted one site that would supply them with all the parts where would one go?

take into account shipping, and buying good from abroad means no VAT

www.microdirect.co.uk
    www.scan.co.uk
    www.marx-computers.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

take into account shipping, and buying good from abroad means no VAT

Since when..

check out

www.e-stock.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Mmh, that's were you get all your hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I think not €402 ex vat for a xp2000 thats €486 inc vat

we sell em to order for €331 oem inc vat eeerrmm €155 cheaper c

Just for reference Prolink GF4 MX 440 =€158.30 inc vat
    and Prolink GF2 64MB DDR =€144.50 inc vat (also inno3d flavoured same price)

Stone:D

ps we also get laptops now (uridium starbooks)cheapest (505)€1323(celeron1ghz) big banana(800) P4 (2GHZ)€2798 inc vat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

hey Stone, I'm actually buying a laptop this week,

Advent 7001,

1.6 P4
    512mb
    20gig
    32mb graphics
    IR, LAN, Modem,
    15"
    all for €2099
    with a year warrenty
    from PC World. (unfortunately as dell are just way too expensive)

can you do better, if so I may consider buying from "we", who ever "we" is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

don't we already have a sticky for this, perhaps this should be merged to it

• Advertisement

we sell em to order for €331 oem inc vat eeerrmm €155 cheaper c

If you or anyone had bothered to contact them they explained that they just got the web part functioning and that the prices will be adjusted to reflect the latest drop.. they quoted €323 inc vat .. with coolermaster heatsink..

JFYI..
    They also will do the Geforce 4MX €155 inc vat
    and the G2Ti for €139 inc vat

It pays to give them a call.

And yes they do give me hardware to review from time to time and always are happy to help but they dont give me all the hardware I have to buy gear as well ..

For starters im the worlds worse for updating our website so i aint saying nothing about that but when you post a link to that site its abit silly to turn arround and say "IF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE CAN BE BOTHERED!!!"to phone them,hell our site specificaly says these prices our way way out of date please phone for current prices but few do(who can blame them) most of our business is local (and bloody glad they are too considering where we live) our current price for a xp2000 is €322 but that is without a heatsink but with vat inc so i think we are doing pretty well congrats to these people because i know how little a margin they are making.There are two ways of doing busines one is to say we charge less and hope to get more busines the other is to screw over the smaller amount of customers for higher profit personaly we belong to the former and we have been in busines 1 year so we must be doing something right:D.one thing i would say is to the whole of Ireland is suport both ourselfs and e-stock and all other small busineses(who are really trying) for one simple reason if you ever want to see the likes of dabs and overclockers here without that suport you will always be at a disadvantage and youd better not come on these boards bitchin about the cost of parts in Ireland coz you and other like you are responsible for the situation in the first place.

Stone

PS sniipe 14.1" XGA TFT 8xDVD 256Mb Pentium 4 1.7 30Gb+XP Pro

With ATI Mobility M6-D 16Mb DDR, 56K Modem, 10/100 LAN, 2xPCMCIA, 1xIR, 2xUSB, 1xPARALLEL, 1xTV-OUT S-VIDEO, 1xAUDIO JACK, OPTIONAL FLOPPY, FIREWIRE IEEE-1394 + EXECUTIVE LEATHER CARRY CASE

€2279 is about the nearest one we do we can add bits ie ram and larger hardrives as you can see swings and round abouts 1.7 30gb 256(less) xp pro ect ect 14.1 instead of "15" + and -,s all the best.

PPS mental note stop posting here when ive had a few :D

Yea your right .. point taken..

I'm partial to the 32mb savage graphics card, but thanks!

So youll be playing quake when you should be working heh :D

Stone

PS your welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Stone
    What company you work for? (website 4 the hardware in question)
    Genuinely interested

thanks

Hi Static

I actualy work for a company called wades computers which also happens to be my own company :)As regards the Uridium starbook seires we are a reseller of said machines.They come in many configurations so it probably best to check out their website and see what takes your fancy.I just like to point out that there is a 1 year return to base warranty on all machines but this can be raised to 3 years if required.Also you can request certain upgrades too ie ram/hardives/firewire ports that kind of thing.Im working on getting the website updated but if you see something you like ill give you a price asap.

Stone:D

http://www.iridium-uk.com/

there is an interesting page on scan.co.uk

http://www.scan.co.uk/today.htm

it gives exceptionally cheap prices!

"Over 79 thousand visitors just to this page per day & growing"

this is one to boomark!:D

overclockers.co.uk

LIDL, offer;

1.4 AMD
    256 Ram
    40 gig HD
    15.1 " XGA screen
    Savage4 32mb shared graphics
    lan,modem,firewire,pcmcia slots X2, usb's,IR,the usual other ports
    DVD/CD-rw combo drv
    and all for a whopping
    €1799

I though it was a good offer
    only bad thing was WinXP, yuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have to say that I still find http://www.komplett.ie the cheapest place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

i heartly endorse and recommend the advice given in the previous post. Komplett is indeed very fluffy

Advertisement