Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEWS ON LLU!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I can still see eircom ****ing this up but it's good to see that the ODTR are starting to get some results. One giant leap in the right direction anyway lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Humm...

I wonder how ready Esat really are. It does seem v. strange to have pi$$ed off their best potential DSL customers, the high usage SNL users, by KICKING THEM OFF their systems!

I see that they want to save money, £20 = 75hours, as far as I can tell (going by postings on IIU). They were treating it like a loss leader to get customers. If they were ready in a month or two to switch over to DSL, don't you think they'd have held off?

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

I think we should all send an e-mail to support@iol.ie complaining about this situation, and for every hour they dont't reply, resend the exact same e-mail every hour on the hour! Whadda ya think?

Something like:
    Dear IOL Support,

In light of your recent letter, about the discontinued NoLimits service, I feel very angry about the attitude in which you have treated me your customer. I feel that I have been misled into paying for a service which has not lived up to the standards in which it was initiated. I believe that I have been cheated and lied to about the limitations of this service. I expect that more will now be done to remedy this situation - other than asking me to pay you even more money for an apparantly worse package that is IOL Gold. It appears to me that this is merely you rubbing salt in the wound. If this situation is not resolved in a very satifactory manner, and if I am not replied to in due course, I will be forced to persue greater measures.

Yours sincerely
    [insert name]

Change it to suit!

[This message has been edited by llatsni (edited 01-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

mm- don't send it to support-thats tech support

it would be fairer to send it to the suits
    marketing@iol
    or sales@iol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ronan|Raven:
    wOHOOO this great news so in other words dsl/adsl should now be able to to get to us in very little time?</font>
    unless eircom fight it, eircom hasnt a leg to stand o nso expect a court case to be quick, about a month,
    if they agree the first thing you will see is next months line rental is only £10

This was allso in the odtr report,
    they set prices for not just access but line installation, to rnetal for exchange space,
    in bitsream, so with all the prices settled, then expect a launch of adsl either june 1st or july 1st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

*Looks to the skies and notices a glorious light of progress aproaching!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Well it seems they are trying to squeeze as much as they can out of us at the last minute. I got my phone bill today;
    "Price Change
    From April 2nd 2001, standard telephone line rental will increase by 8.7% from £13.11 to £14.25 (inc. VAT) per month.
    This change is necessary in order to align our charges with the actual cost of provisioning and maintaining the networks that connect you to your local exchange. Currently this cost exceeds the rental charged to customers and in a deregulated market (lol) eircom is required to move to a more cost-based pricing structure."

If they don't get it from the other telcos then it seems that they are going to try to get it from us.
    Typical.

And then in a moment of absolute clarity he realised that there was nothing, not because everything had ceased to exist but rather that it had never been there to begin with.
    Free Your Mind.

[This message has been edited by The_Scary_Man (edited 01-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

hmmm b4 i start jumping for joy and start looking for a possable date for the release of smile.gif dsl/adsl smile.gif i get reminded that these guys dont wana spend any cash till they get bought out by the guys trying to buy them out ??? or will that now go on ??? i also rember to think back that these are a load of guys just trying to squeeze every penny from us and then kick us in the teeth befour and after we give them the cash ?

so whats eircoms side of this story ?
    and anyone know if there gona b a 24*7 connection to the net sooner then the smile.gif dsl/adsl smile.gif one??

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

While this is good news I think that ye should read this. It states that eircon do plan to challenge the prices that the ODTR have set in the courts. It also states that the EU are aware of how far behind Ireland are compared to other EU countries.

Still, good news all the same.

<edit> This also makes interesting reading </edit>

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

[This message has been edited by Q_Ball (edited 01-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

It kinda makes me laugh and cry at the same time to think that we're screaming about how Esat are the Spawn of Santa and how they're screwing their customers blind while at the same time we're praying for them to ride in on their big white horse and bring us broadband.

We are sad little techno-whores and we love it tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Q_Ball, Eircom cant challenge the decision. The ODTR have the legal right to set the price for this, and Eircom have to abide by it. End of story smile.gif

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

wOHOOO this great news so in other words dsl/adsl should now be able to to get to us in very little time?

Moriarty we know that but i think someone should tell eircom because their going to court

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

can you show me an article somewhere that says their going to court?

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

check out the irish times, had an article about eircom saying they were plaining to challenge it in the courts, not a leg to stay on off course but the can try

Advertisement