Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Disconnections

Options
  • 09-04-2002 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Anybody know what the story with NTL and disconnections is ?

I rang about a month ago and asked to be disconnected as I no longer wanted the service (I got Sky Digital installed).

The customer service guy said that he would pass my details on to the "disconnections department" - Yeah Right !!!

No word for 2 weeks so I wrote to them informing them that I wanted to be disconnected and to make contact to confirm that this would indeed happen.

I subsequently received a bill for 2 months service - which I haven't paid yet ... "Please pay immediately as this account is overdue ....."

Still no communication ...

What is going on with this shower ?

If I have to ring customer services again - I will scream - The shortest that I have ever been on hold is 22 minutes !!! - BTW - Being a freephone number - they pay the bill - no wonder they are going down the tubes ....

Any ideas ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You really need to send them a registered letter sting that you no longer want to subscribe to NTL. Its the only thing that will work. They will just deny you ever told them to cancel otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Easiest way to cope with the NTL (Forever onhold) phone line is to phone 1800234234 on a MOBILE while watching the TV for a 1/2 an hour then ask to be connected to the relevant department when they answer.
    The usual no. does not work on a mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HappyDude

Yeah - they stopped allowing mobiles to access the 1800 321321 number a few months back. NTL, at the time, were my phone provider, so when the phone died (once a week!) - I had no way of contacting them short of going to a neighbour's house.

A charming company!! Send all correspondance by registered post - they can deny all knowledge otherwise..(my experience anyways!)

Happydude:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Well I decided to ring yesterday to see what the story was ..

On hold 8 Minutes (only !!)

"Oh! yes you requested to be disconnected in February" - please hold ...

You will be getting another bill but you won't have to pay ... The work order didn't go up on th new system ...

Today (Thursday) - I have been disconnected ...

That was quick !!!!

Advertisement