Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esat email quickie...

• 10-04-2002 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

really quick question: is there any reason why esatclear won't relay my email? I can send mail to esatclear.ie addresses but not anyone else. I'm using mail.esatclear.ie as the smtp setting-anyone else having this problem?

btw, dialling up with iol but shouldn't matter, should it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

btw, dialling up with iol but shouldn't matter, should it?

It does if Esat haven't allowed iol users relay through esatclear, which isn't beyond the bounds of possibility. The obvious solution is to use iol's smtp server.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

It works the other way round. Iol will allow esatclear dialup users to send through iol servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Esat won't allow you use their SMTP server unless you're dialed up with them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

just use mail.iol.ie for your outgoing mail server and all will be well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bats

good stuff, i'll give that a try later on...cheers all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

You'd be expecting a "550 We do not relay" message from the SMTP server in this instance, as your IP is IOL but the mail server isn't. (Well, technically it is, but you know what I mean...)

Gadget

Advertisement