Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake is dead because.....

Options
  • 10-04-2002 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Well?

Why is Quake dead? 48 votes

We all grew up and got jobs.
    0% 0 votes
    It ain't dead, it's gone underground.
    16% 8 votes
    We all got sick of being wOOped by Koopa.
    41% 20 votes
    Counterstike killed it. Damn them all to hell.
    4% 2 votes
    Bill Gates ate my Quake server.
    10% 5 votes
    We can't play the same game forever, you know. Let it go.
    4% 2 votes
    Quake 2 is gay.
    22% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

quake 1 is dead.... cause it's old, older then dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Its sooooo not dead.

Quake/Quakeworld is played my thousands of players all over the world. An example of how its still alive and how world spread it is, is the Challenge-smackdown league.

Even we have a team in it (who are gonna get whopped tomorrow night).

Get back into your box mike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Why can i never vote in the poles i am over 18. I always getting this when i try yo vote

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.

Any ideas guys!!!! My password and user id is in cookies should that make a difference i can still post.

Any way i still play all 3 quake games. I had a lan 3 months ago and we stuck on q1 for the laugh and it was the best part of the night. Bu ti think counter srtike has a lot to answer for, i dont see the attraction in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

well he was right in one thing. Quake II was gay.

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

quake isn't dead. not by a long shot.
    don't use the figures up on gamespy.com, me suspects they are fabricated.

most of the people who continuosly slag quake 2 have no basis for it.
    never bothered to get used to the different movement, learn the tricks, the weapons or learn the maps. many of them came straight from QW to it, saw that the same tricks didn't work, and said it was ****. it has some of the best weapons and maps ever. and it has produced some pretty amazing duels. so get a clue!111111111

• Advertisement

ah knob off. I played QW, then went to Q2 and played it against my better judgement for several months. It's crap.

It's for slow people. Spechul people that have trouble playing fast games.

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

you're a noob tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well if quake 2 is gay then gay must be a good think as quake 2 still gets played at my LAN`s moded a bit mind, but that was the bueaty of Quake it could be so easily modified that it means it will live for ever!!!!

Originally posted by m1ke
    you're a noob tho

heh really ?

you're not very observant are you ?

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭papashiv0

Quake I is still one of the most entertaining games around and it pi$$es on CS which is all that really matters.

ps quake II is gay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

quake 2 kicks arse
    q1 muppets cant aim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

its so not dead. i really enjoy q1 and q3 not to into q2 but hey cant be perfect. its great fast and all you need to unwind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

there is very little quake in ireland, but its quite alive.
    Verb was there looooong before you m1ke.
    CS has more players because its a newbies game.

burp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

aye, quakeworld is still alive, I'd play it myself, me and dest would get a few ppl together for a clan (not a serious one) but the problem is that unless we played a lot, we would be visciously raped in all of our games since theres no newbie clans to start off against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

there is. even at a cs type newbie level, you have to find the right servers. i say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

q2 pwns shup you! ur just crap at it so you slag it off. QW is better but q2 isn't shit, its still good, it has different physics which is rereshing from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Q3 is pretty much dead (in ireland) cos of irish connections. Ppl can only put up wth so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Am I the only one who thought good of all 3 quakes?

Not dead...its mainly a LAN games now. Although QW games have been springing up now and again online. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Cuz irish connections suck is the right one,when people had crap computer they put up with crap everything.Now that people have really good computers they dont know whats goin on cuz they're silly and they're no-one to help em anyhow cuz it just went away cuz quake 3 (too power hungry) is gay,at least quake2 ran on my p2 233mhz(that i still have cuz i spend all my money on alcohol and/or shmoke shmoke *wink*)

Probably that counter strike thingy aswell,but i got into different stuff like mp3s an they take up too much space on me comp and so do all the wav files from messin aboot with music making software (fruityloops,rebirth n the likes).Cud b sumthin to do with mp3s yea hmm interbreasting.

Or its real addictive and on irish fone bills the parents cut them off from usin the net to much(unless they're rich or wise and dont use when unnessesary)

Advertisement