Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dud Notes - Beware

Options
  • 10-04-2002 4:02am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.esatclear.ie/~lorenzo/dud_20.jpg

For all you shop keepers etc you might want to take note (excuse the pun) of these particular euro duds going around. Just found this one in my cash the other day.

I'm not going to go into all the security features it's lacking unless someone asks but the main features of these notes are good enough to let them slip past anyone whos not particularly looking out for duds. The holographic strip at the side doesn't have the usual '20/euro' on it but at a quick glance looks just as sparkly as the original, I know my scan there doesn't show it but believe me it does sparkle! Also the feel of it unbelievably good! That mark we put on it with one of those special pens for detecting notes and as you'll see there it shows up very clearly that it's dud. I hear some pass the unltraviolet thing, and guess what I have one in the shop and haven't even tried it yet, duh.

I'd just like to add that I tested it out in my local (as a mess) cause I wanted to show the owner how good it was and he was really shocked that it passed him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Yep it looks like its a big problem.

There was a piece about this on CNBC this morning. The general message was to show even greater vigilance with the smaller denominations, as they are so far what have been most commonly forged.

TBH, I'm still struggling with the notes-
    I couldn't tell my arse from my elbow when it comes to telling whether they are forged- The other day, a checkout person handed me this fiver that was almost completly torn down the centre- I asked (and got) a different one, but I had heard they were suppossed to be "unrippable" because they are made from Denim, which left me very weary as to whether that was a real note !

Thanks for the headsup Blade :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I heard something about 2 euro coins as well today-
    because they all have different national emblems, there has been instances of them being passed off quite easily.

Attn: all Arcade owners- Somebody might screw you for once :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

LOL, unripable........ FFS, at least 10 % euro notescrumble in my hands a day in Statoil.....

John

Advertisement