Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No offence to any mods.

2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hahaha, yes thats not a bad description of it.

But its ALIVE. I mean, go over to Online.ie and wander through the lonely boards they have.

Yes, these boards get contentious sometimes. No we dont please all the people all of the time. Half the stuff doesnt work. We change the rules on a whim (usually mine!). We actually DISCUSS what should be allowed in and ruled out... actual *debate* can you believe it.

If people expressed half as much interest in and paid half as much attention to referenda and voting as they do to the running of Boards.ie this country would be better run.

Boards.ie is one gigantic something. Its weird. I for one wouldnt have it any other way.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I'm still awaiting the initiatory *paddling*...;)

Good idea. As a 'newb' mod myself, I feel I could do with a stronger personality..air my opinions a bit more.

Altho I'm still terrified of the humanities board...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

With the up coming election pending i wouyd just like to state this:

This is the only REAL democracy in Ireland

This is the first online community i've been involved in that has actually listen to the pl who made it (those who posted there opinion). It is the first i've been involved with that acually cares what ppl think. That offers a voice those who want to say something. For a board that grew out of a gaming community that is some achievemet. Long may it last.

Whoever complains about the way any board is run has nothing to complain about. If something is wrong, they should first loook at what they post b4 complaining

Just my 2 cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt

ohh and I hev to point out... online.ie...no advertizin!!!

Its a rule somewhere.

and I must point out that DeVore is one of the ones who RUNS this web site... so he can advertise whatever he bloody well likes ;)

(although I doubt what he said about online.ie above exactly constitutes an 'advertisement' - much the opposite in fact)

I cant see ant adverts here...any if they r any there are the reason that this place is still here. It isnt here for free. Someone is paying for it (problelt DeV, Cloud & Regi) so be nice and be grateful it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Good description there, Devore, the boards is a living thing.

BTW when I said "main mods" I actually just meant the mods that have been around a good while and have been mods a while too.

I dislike the whole mod becoming a mod because they want to be a mod thing. It just gets crap mods on the boards, that's all. Ones that don't know where the recycle bin is, ones that post spam all the time, ones that get into immature fights and start insulting and get the thread locked *ahem*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by koneko
    Good description there, Devore, the boards is a living thing.

BTW when I said "main mods" I actually just meant the mods that have been around a good while and have been mods a while too.

I dislike the whole mod becoming a mod because they want to be a mod thing. It just gets crap mods on the boards, that's all. Ones that don't know where the recycle bin is, ones that post spam all the time, ones that get into immature fights and start insulting and get the thread locked *ahem*.

are you saying im a decent mod?
    coz i could take offense at that.

you're the exception to the rule, WWM. You're in a world of your own :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There are 71 mods and admin on boards.ie - you just insulted 66 with your remarks.

I sincerely urge you, for your own sake, stop digging.

:)

Al.

Seriously?

Forget it then. Slowly it's becoming harder to post things on the boards without someone going off at you for no reason at all. Retract all comments, there.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

note the smiling face. No he's not serious. No, I doubt the mods have skin that thin... they wouldnt last long as a mod if they did.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Keeks says this place is a democracy and the other day Cloud replaced the new smilies with the old ones based on a Poll. This worries me, let us defend our benelovent dictatorship! This place works best when the Admins tell us what to do and think.

Say no to democracy!

amp - the most popular main mod and Official mascot who, right now, can't remember if he's being sarcastic or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Seriously?

Nah, Tom's right in his analysis there. (Good think I included the smiley - I thought it was obviously sarcastic enough without it).

I don't really give a fying fluck what anybodies opinion on "main mods" is... :)

amp, you smell.

Cheers,
    Al.

its a democracy about stuff we dont really care about or where we want feedback. Then the decision is made. It could easily go against any poll or posts ... but benevolence is the keyword :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

Originally posted by Kali
    is it just me or is the admin board basically turning into a major spam-fest? anyway back to the point..

Yes it really is a spam fest( Which is funny cos all the Moderators are here and have not attempted to reprimand spammers. I'm very disapointed in you...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by SHAMAN
    Originally posted by Kali
    is it just me or is the admin board basically turning into a major spam-fest? anyway back to the point..

Yes it really is a spam fest( Which is funny cos all the Moderators are here and have not attempted to reprimand spammers. I'm very disapointed in you...)

We have no power here, and besides, mod spamming is subtle and unannoying, and cute. Mod flaming on the other hand is vicious, loud and dangerous. Be happy with the spam :)

Originally posted by amp
    Keeks says this place is a democracy and the other day Cloud replaced the new smilies with the old ones based on a Poll. This worries me, let us defend our c! This place works best when the Admins tell us what to do and think.

Say no to democracy!

amp - the most popular main mod and Official mascot who, right now, can't remember if he's being sarcastic or not.

When Im said "democracy" I ment we just agree with DeV . :)

The idea of having a benelovent dictatorship is just cesorship of the bords. iff pl, want somethign bad enough they'll get it as long as it ain't over the top, like a pr0n board. If u get what I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

ALL you motherfúckers are gonna pay, it is you who are the ball-lickers.

All of you. Shut up. For the love of God. Do you not remind yourselves of anyone?? Jesus....

--> comicstoreowner.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

BGindenial.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

everyoneknows.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by bombidol
    everyoneknows.jpg

did you just make that up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I think use of those cards should be banned...they're really begining to bug me now.

Thread closed. Blatant trollage (yellow card Zero!)
    and spamtastic replies.

Point is taken and the rest is crud.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement