Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat a feeding the press bull, we have to do something about this

• 02-05-2001 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/finance/2001/0501/fin2.htm

that is the third place if seen it say 75 a week, i never used 75 a ****ing week,
    when i rang esat and asked what was "overusage" they said anybody using the service more then 75 a MONTH
    in fact in esats replies to pressure they said anybody who stayed under the 75 a MONTH wouldnt be cut off,
    but Dereck Kickam, chief executive of Esat Fusion said this to the times and indy

He said the customers who would be disconnected were chosen on the basis of overall usage. Customers who spent in excess of 75-100 hours a week would be affected, he added
    when his own safe said 75 a month

now we all know this is bull, nobody is going to support us as long as they think were on 100hours a week

what are we going to do about this, were getting done

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

100 hours a week? You would have to be on all Sat+Sun + say about 12 hours every weekday.

I find it hard to believe that someone who would be in school/working to do this and live.

This is excessive even for me.. and I have access to the net in some form 24/7 smile.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"We brought in a three-hour disconnection some months ago but people just typed in an automatic redial."</font>

Horse****.

Why they can't just be different from other Irish telco's and do the honourable thing of admitting they fvcked up, I don't know. I'd respect them a hell of a lot more as a company if they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

I think that everyone, regardless if they got the letter, should just terminate their Esat accounts in protese, see how they cope without any customers eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I think i ... shouldnt...
    Ill just wait till your all kicked off and enjoy decent access again tongue.gif

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe22:
    what are we going to do about this, were getting done</font>

You simply email or write to The Irish Times detailing the article where they are wrong and offering the correct facts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Ralthor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Horse****.

Why they can't just be different from other Irish telco's and do the honourable thing of admitting they fvcked up, I don't know. I'd respect them a hell of a lot more as a company if they did.
    </font>

A Couple of points here.

1. When they threatened the 3 hour disconnection did they not in the same letter say that this in no way affected our rights to unlimited service and that wou could in fact immidiately reconnect?

2. When they tried to implement the 3 hour cutoff they in fact totally bollixed their system and therefore never actually implemented it?

I do admit that they have the right to terminate anybodies contract for any reason that they want so long as they give at least one months notice. But they should at least be forced to tell the truth for the reasons of cancellation. I can understand the cancellations if they are losing money on the proposition, I cannot understand the attempt to fob off the blame onto their long suffering customers.

[This message has been edited by Ralthor (edited 02-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ralthor:

A Couple of points here.

1. When they threatened the 3 hour disconnection did they not in the same letter say that this in no way affected our rights to unlimited service and that you could in fact immidiately reconnect?

2. When they tried to implement the 3 hour cutoff they in fact totally bollixed their system and therefore never actually implemented it?

</font>

1. YES. They SUGGESTED that we could immediately reconnect.

2. Dunno about bollixing up their systems, but I do know that they "had a rethink" and never implemented the cutoff.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Dont you think its time you lot stopped shaking your rattles and hushed up a bit.

Esat is a business, they dont make money from a product, they pull it. Fair enough.

There's no such thing as a free lunch in this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Bottom line, you had it good there for a while lads, now it's over.

ESAT, by the very terms and conditions of the service agreement everyone of you willingly signed upto, are in no way in the wrong here by law. (And I dare anyone here to prove to us otherwise!).

Time to stop bl33ting gentlemen and get a subscription account to tide you over for a year or so...

Best you all can (and should) do is go signup with a different ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

Rev Hellfire? You the same Rev. Hellfire from internet-eireann?

• Advertisement

Gunner? You the same guNner with a rattle up his a$$?

And what exactly was that supposed to be? Simple question , just saw your nick and was curious, whats with the attitude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

All modem users may as well go hi-speed now (if you can) as it will cost pretty much the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Now how many Rev Hellfires can there be in Ireland? ONE!!! smile.gif

Judging from his last post one too many....

You go girl.

Ho ho , great Springer reference...or is that a 'Wizard War' term. I know lets get all the old 'Internet Eireann' people into Esat, that should sort it out, now THERE was an ISP....
    Amazing how some people still have this kiddie Internet attitude...just cos your on the Internet doesnt mean you have to be a total muppet when asked a harmless question.....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If you are refering to Dave Walshe of Internet-Eireann fame, no its not. And he was Rev Hellshaw if memory serves.

DeV The Old.

This is who I was thinking it was....thanks DeVore, that was a more constructive answer than:

Gunner? You the same guNner with a rattle up his a$$?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

If they are lying in the press they deserve to be corrected for it. There is no bl33ting about it, its totally correct. By lying Esat are definitely looking much better and they are certainly counting on no-one gathering enough support to pipe up enough about it.

They've bollixed this up badly press wise but in general I'm an esat man - they're still our best bet of good adsl connections and cheaper connections; I just won't have any illusions about them not being a company and knowing how to deal with people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, if anyone wants get all the facts together, i can arrange a meeting with jamie smyth, editor of irish times technology pages. hes a friend of mine and i play hockey with him, so like i said, if you want your 15 minutes of fame, mail me

Advertisement