Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TWAIN (Web cam) window in a VB or Delphi app - how?

Options
  • 10-04-2002 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I want to write a Delphi based application (oh, I suppose VB would do at a push) that features a window showing the input from my web cam. It doesn't need to do anything with this input, just display it. Can anyone suggest to me how this might be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

*bump* ...

anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

No clue... though a quick google looked interesting (I used your subject line as search string).

Do your webcam manufacturers have any libs available?

How about twain packages for Java?

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Sod it... I think I'm going to make my program half the original planned size and put "LiveSnap" on the other side of the screen.

(It was for display purposes only...)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Anything I've ever seen required 3rd party libraries.

A quick goole search provided this one amongst others. Being a traditional DLL (as opposed to COM or ActiveX based) you can use it from anything.

jc

Advertisement