Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yo La Tengo instore carnage

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

excellent theonion are back to their former glory :)

"It's such a shame that all those bastions of indie-rock geekitude had to go in their prime. Their cries of 'sellout' have been forever silenced."

that said sebadohs last album "the sebadoh" aint two-quarters as good as the previous two imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

Ah, thats great stuff.

Your right about Sebadoh Kali. Harmacy wasn't bad but Bubble and Scrape, Bakesale, now they're just the business. .

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i may be having a total blonde moment here, but i assume this is a p1ss-take, correct?

I hope so Bearded Chicken...

But yeah, they're notorious...

• Advertisement

totally pointless foot-note: i never knew Luna was a spinoff from Galaxie 500 until today.

Originally posted by Kali
    totally pointless foot-note: i never knew Luna was a spinoff from Galaxie 500 until today.

Ah yes, Dean Wareham, singer/guitarist of Galaxie 500 broke the band up and went on to form Luna. I was mildly devestated at the time (I was only 19 in full indie-kid flight). Galaxie 500 were way better. All three of their LPs (Today, On Fire and This is Our Music) are excellent. Luna, I think, are slightly dull....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

I doubt we'd ll be guffawing heartily about it if it wasn't.

(By the way, whenever I glance at a packet of "breaded" chicken or fish I always theing it says "bearded" too, I presume that's where you got your name)

Advertisement