Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL replacement

• 02-05-2001 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Right I got that damned letter a few days ago and of course i need to find an alternative.
    I live in dublin right now, can anyone suggest a replacement for me?
    And if you can a URL so i can sign up.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

£5 a month ntl weekend flate rate,
    warning their weekday off peak is about 1.5p a minute were as eircom is about 1p a minute
    (migth have those price wrong but ntl is more expensive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Well I use it mostly during the weekday off peak so that'd put me in serious debt, any other ideas?

I hear Oceanfree have a flat rate, this true?

ha thats the funniest think i every hear,
    oceanfree asat are both owned by the same guys, no thee is not other offer, there is an 1891 nuber thing for £10 a month and the rates are soemthing like .46p a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

right.. whats the fastest isp ?
    On the 31st when we get dumped who should we start using ? Eircom ?
    Is that NTL thing any good ?
    >what I think I know about it..
    -2 hour cut-off
    -unlimited weekend access

How much is it.. Is it speedy ?

That's pretty good if that's the best I'll be able to get, might have a look into that.

• Advertisement

yea its meant to be one great service, great pings,
    i can believe it, ntl deserve our support, they are trying to bring affordable broadband to us, the only ones

Yeah but 1p a minute is a bit pricey innit?

1p is the standard, you wont find lower then that

You just said that Oceanfree is .46p a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

MarkM16,
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe22:
    ha thats the funniest think i every hear,
    oceanfree esat are both owned by the same guys, no there is no other offer, there is an 1891 number thing for £10 a month and the rates are soemthing like .46p a minute
    </font>

yes, .46p if u have an accout with them - which costs a tenner a month

• Advertisement

Which, for someone who uses the net for about two hours a day, is probably cheaper than paying 1p a minute, i'll do the maths later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

/me has his money on Esat providing the goods to him.

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe22:

i can believe it, ntl deserve our support, they are trying to bring affordable broadband to us, the only ones
    </font>

Uhh, no.
    They have a license to do this, but stopped dead in thier tracks a few months ago , remember?
    They are now going to bring broadband to 'areas of high demand'. thats what their new head bloke said in some interview in the sunday paper.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dustaz:
    Uhh, no.
    They have a license to do this, but stopped dead in thier tracks a few months ago , remember?
    They are now going to bring broadband to 'areas of high demand'. thats what their new head bloke said in some interview in the sunday paper.

</font>

areas of high demand would be dublin, so i dont care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

A totally selfish ignorant response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If UTV Internet end up extending their FRIACO service to the Republic, they could quite possible be the best one to go for. It hinges on changes coming about in telecoms market to make that viable though, as they themselves say...

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

if ntl hav upgraded ur area, (like mine) u can get their package that cost £20 a month, but it includes the tv channels, which most people are paying £9 for already, and 2 phone lines, which most people are payin eircom £13 for already, so u can hav the second 4 the net on its own. u also get free unlimited internet acess, all day everyday, i know it has the 2hr cut off, but still, u can just reconnect.

Hmmm, I like the sounds of the NTL package, I'd guess that they have the nessecery stuff laid down in Finglas, I'll look on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lucifer.POD:
    if ntl hav upgraded ur area, (like mine) u can get their package that cost £20 a month, but it includes the tv channels, which most people are paying £9 for already, and 2 phone lines, which most people are payin eircom £13 for already, so u can hav the second 4 the net on its own. u also get free unlimited internet acess, all day everyday, i know it has the 2hr cut off, but still, u can just reconnect.</font>

It's a good deal and a real shame that NTL have stopped upgrading the network. Where I live, the work was almost completed before they stopped. I would have gone for the phone/cable modem deal.

Lucifer.POD dont you mean 13 per line,
    per month and hasnt that gone up to 15 now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

And isnt the UTV Flat Rate service supposed to have a 250mb per month limit??? Hardly a great service in my opinion.

--Chris--

<A HREF="http://uie.8m.com
    " TARGET=_blank>http://uie.8m.com
    </A>

THE source for Internet news in Ireland. Polls, broadband, letter to ODTR, ISP details and A PETITION AGAINST EIRCOM.

Advertisement