Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mgsx?

Options
  • 10-04-2002 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if this is a certainty for the X-Box. I read in an X-Box fanboy mag that it was in development but that hardly counts for anything. Is it just a port with X added to the title or what? If this is being released I'll have to get my old sniper rifle out of the closet and take a trip to Mister Kojima's condo in Tokyo for a little phuking game of my own...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A revealing article in Wall Street Journal about MS battle to get Jap game makers to give more support to Xbox gives a fascinating insight into Konami's attitude to the machine

The huge gamemaker behind MGS has been tooing and frowing about bringing Snake and pals to Bill Gates' first console.

The story reveals that Konami have been having trouble with programming for the console and so have lost interest in the console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Konami have hardly any experience making games for pc hardware since there's no market for it in japan. That's why they're having trouble with it. MGSX if it ever comes out may have only a few gimmicky features added on but after hearing about the extra game bit added on to silent hill on xbox it could be something much more. Kojima might be pissed off that only half his script for MGS2 was cut due to developement time constraints and want to do something about it with the xbox release. Lets hope they do something about 'That' handshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Well, they got somebody to port the original metal gear solid to the PC (albeit almost 1.5 years later).

Why don't they simply get someone else to port it for them to the X-Box?

I don't really care, as I have it on PS2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

Yes but MGS for the PC was utter $hite, and MGS2 won't be coming out for the PC (as far as I know)...still can't be sure though, jesus if this happens the PS2 is really losin some big exclusives...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Konami don't like third parties to be porting over their games. By the time MGS2 comes out for xbox everyone who wants to play it would have got a ps2 and it wouldn't be too much of a problem to sony since it looks like theyre dominating the market at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement