Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of BEAM??

Options
  • 10-04-2002 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

There's a satellite internet access company called "Beam" in Ireland who have the following to say about their service:

It's the two-way 'always-on' high-speed internet service available throughout Europe, with our first sales offices located in the UK, Eire and Germany.
    You're connected to the net via satellite without the need to be tied to land-based cable or telephone networks, so eliminating all call charges and slow uploads.

Sounds good. They claim they can give you speeds of up to 10 times faster than 56K dial up and up to 5 times faster than dedicated ISDN. Has anyone heard of these people?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Do a search on this forum for "mark braxton". Or of course "beam".

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

None of the usual "it so expensive its stoopid" rhetoric dahamsta?

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Couldn't be arsed chernobyl. I must be mellowing in my old age. :)

Somebody just mentioned Mark Braxton the other day to me though - funny how he disappeared off the planet all of a sudden, eh?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Arboration

You know its probably out of everyones price range..?

Advertisement