Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Eggcelerators

• 03-05-2001 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Anyone no any decent ones that actually make a noticeable difference?

Booyaka

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

erm, this has nothing to do with web / browser games...
    off to technology we go.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Well I have a notoriously bad internet connection (pretty much down to both my phone line and esat combined).. and I've tried quite a few of them, none of which lasted long on my pc tbh... too messy and you just don't notice the difference...

Yes some may reduce your packet loss in games by half or so, but that would involve tweaking the things a hella lot, and considering the randomness of connection speeds to the majority of ISPs its quite hard to tell if the changes you've made have improved things or not.

In short, try them if you want to put yourself through a bit of bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

check out the image in my signature.
    I find flashget is hot too.
    My connection is very loosely capped and at offpeak times in europe can reduce my system to a crawl because it goes so fast.

[img]ftp://64.39.14.217/TSCLIENT/speed copy.jpg[/img]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

kail what package defragmation do you get with esat i get, 1472
    youmight want to think about editiong that to get better performance

Advertisement