Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel Size & eVB Question ???

Options
  • 10-04-2002 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

:D
    does anyone know what is the recommended pixel size of an image an a pocket pc. i need to be able to fit images on to a web page that will be viewed on a handheld unit, but i dont want to have to scroll left and right to view the whole image. the web page is only available to the pocket pc. i think i can resize the picture in photoshop by pixels.
    :confused:

also, i'm using grid control in eVB and need to know how to open up the webpage when a certain grid field is clicked... any ideas
    :confused:

if you have any ideas throw them my way
    thanks

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The proper way to code it (IMHO) is not to write to a screen dependancy.

The formatting should be handled by the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the device can resize images, there is an option to fit all images to the screen size. i just taught if i had it resized before hand it would save the user from doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

AFAIK, there is no standard resolution for pocket PC, unless you're talking about a specific make/model.

Therefore, you can go for something that is nowhere near screen-size (64x64 say), or as Hobbes suggested, get the client to resize it. I cant remember - can you do that through HTML? I dont think so...

As for your grid.....capture the click event, and in that, test to see if you're in the row/col that you want to be.

Alternately, put something like an image in the row/col you want to fire the crowser from, and code against the click event of the image.

HTH.

jc

Advertisement