Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadcasting mmds from cable ?

• 10-04-2002 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

is it possible to get a bit of equipment to plug into your ntl/chorus cable socket in the wall that will then broadcast the signal via mmds to be picked up by a tv with an ariel ?

just small distance.. 20 metres type of thing. Could get a big wire, but this would be handy for having a few telly's in the house...

Gav

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

perhaps something like this may work for you?

http://www.trust.com/products/frame-product.htm?artnr=12192

im gona have a look at it aswell. i think compustore have them. Mordeth same them in the one in Galway.

Regards,

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Argos do something similar... don't know the number offhand. Look beside the remote controls and stuff... you do know, though, that they'll only broadcast one channel? (In other words, your "few tellies" will all be watching the same thing?)

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

hmmm looks interesting
    how much is thingy ?
    and is it any good for goign through walls ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

aye, I'd come across this type of thing before. just the one channel though. I want something that takes everything pumped out by the cable and fires it all out wirelessly..

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Ehh... complex, expensive, bulky, a bitch to design and would definitely require a communications licence. Sorry.

Gadget

• Advertisement
Advertisement