Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WinXP + Voodoo3

• 10-04-2002 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

I'm having trouble getting Windows XP working on my machine. Unfortunately i still have a Voodoo3 and since 3dfx died before XP came out, there's no real support for it. There are tonnes of 3rd party drivers on the net, but i'm confused by the amount of them and don't know which to use.

I just tried installing it yesterday and all was going well 'til i launched Half-Life. It claimed the current OpenGL mode was not supported by my card. I tried messing about with the various OGL .DLLs i've amassed over the years, but to no avail. I downloaded a 3rd party voodoo driver called Dozer 1.0 and after installing it i had the same problem. I installed it a 2nd time but this time chose to overwrite the newer files already on my system. My system hasn't started since. It keeps coming up with that evil NT blue screen saying "STOP" :(

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

I used to have a Voodoo 3 and when playing Half Life I had to enable the "3dfx Mini-Driver" on the Video Config tab! I you cant get it workin I suggest you get a new card cos the Voodoo 3 is a bit out of date and most new games don't suport it!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Balfa
    I'm having trouble getting Windows XP working on my machine. Unfortunately i still have a Voodoo3 and since 3dfx died before XP came out, there's no real support for it. There are tonnes of 3rd party drivers on the net, but i'm confused by the amount of them and don't know which to use.

Although 3DFX are gone, their website:
    www.3dfx.com
    is still up.
    If you have not already tried, I suggest downloading the drivers from there.

Advertisement