Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line up for Trinity Ball .....

• 10-04-2002 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Just wondering if anyone knows the official line up for the Trinity Ball - I know David Kitt is confirmed (yawn!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nerdlinger

so far.....

Supergrass
    David Kitt
    Royskopp
    Robbie Butler
    Tom Jones Experience
    The Glenn Millar Legacy
    The Jimmy Cake
    The Camenbert Quartet
    The Fluid Driuds

according to http://marius.csc.tcd.ie:8000/Ball2002-2/lineup.php

looks incredibly ****e to me. 57 euro for a ticket as well! gasp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Paddy Casey is also playing. oh and Orbital.

"So Solid Crew have been controversially dropped from May 10th's Trinity Ball. It's understood that the college authorities were worried about the group's reputation for attracting violence.

The Trinity College Ents Officer, Siobhan O'Dwyer, has been talking to hotpress.com about So Solid Crew's dropping from the Trinity Ball bill.

"We're very disappointed that they won't now be there, but unfortunately the situation was out of our control," she says. "I think they'd have added a lot to the night. Fortunately, we've got some other really big names like Supergrass and Orbital, so it's still a strong bill."

While O'Dwyer declined to go into specifics, it's understood that the college authorities were concerned about the band's recent brushes with the law and insisted they be removed.

As exclusively revealed by hotpress.com on Friday, the people booking the Ball, the Mean Fiddler/PoD organisation, have moved So Solid's May 10th appearance to the Dublin Red Box with tickets priced €22 going on sale this week."

hotpress.com

It should be a good night, it always is. Its the last night of the term to get sloshed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Originally posted by nerdlinger
    so far.....

Supergrass

according to http://marius.csc.tcd.ie:8000/Ball2002-2/lineup.php

This is the real supergrass I take it. I remember a few years ago going to a trinity balll with my mate and ABBAEsque were the headliners!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I for one am glad so solid crew aren't playing, they're the biggest load of sh*te i've heard in a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nerdlinger

This is the real supergrass I take it. I remember a few years ago going to a trinity balll with my mate and ABBAEsque were the headliners!!!!

uh, supergrass *did* headline. abbaesque were prancing about in front square at the campanile, supergrass were down in the main tent....

• Advertisement
Advertisement