Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar style

• 10-04-2002 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

What's your poison?

I used to use plectrun, moved on to hand strum with some picking, tried a bit of finger thrumming across the neck hitting the high frets to hit the strings, now I'm back to hand strumming with finger style if needed, rarely the plectrum. (tried a bow but not enough curvature existed!)

With what do you twang your strangs? 19 votes

Pick/Plectrum
    0% 0 votes
    Fingers
    73% 14 votes
    Hand
    15% 3 votes
    I'm wierd, I use something cooler (!)
    10% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Hands, though it's not really any special technique of mine, more that I can't usually find a plectrum. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

An E-bow - the way of the future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Plectrum, maybe some finger picking, for some beethoven stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Kolodny
    I can't usually find a plectrum. :)

Eyy Carina, that's why we have these things called "Talkshop calling cards", you bite a corner out of them and use it as an omnipotent plectrum. The pin can be used for making calls apparently but hey, it's the music that counts ye?!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Whatever is most suitable for the song i'm playing at the time, usually plectrum though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Have you ever seen a plectrum fly? It can be pretty lethal (nearly got my brother's eye once, without aiming)....

Fingers for me please, as little interference between me and the strings is advisable, although I try hard (on my own so as not to kill anybody) to use the plectrum, 'cos it's cool to be able to use different techniques on a same instrument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Plectrum... Can't tremelo pick without it!

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

He he... I use a 50c piece!
    It used to be an old 20p or 2p piece, but they all disappeared somewhere...
    It gets that really twangy sound with loads of attack, great for playing Queen solos;)

Advertisement