Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wonky music presents... free musical spectacular

Options
  • 10-04-2002 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

free musical spectacular!!!

michael knight

nevada ray

mumblin' deaf ro

wednesday 1st may 2002

the isaac butt

24 store st. (across from busarus)

doors open: 8pm

price: (can you believe it?...) free

for more info, aim your surf board at www.wonkymusic.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

From the website you don't seem to be the crowd that are putting on Wonky @ the Guinness Storehouse - what's the story with having the same name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

is anyone going to the wonky night in the guinness storehouse? it sounds really interesting, i can't wait. but i hear it's sold out ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wonky music

thanks for replying to this message and for visiting the website

wonky music is an entirely separate entity to wonky at the guinness store house, or whatever

we're in existance since january, so i don't know who will end up sueing who

as a matter of interest, what bands are playing at wonky at the guinness store house?

no offence to any of the bands or promoters, but I hope it's a complete flop

i can't be arsed registering another domain name and all that crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

OK - fair enough if your talking about a different 'wonky', but that better be the real Michael Knight playing and not some David Hasselhoff wannabe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

how sad. 'wonky music' immediately replies with 'i don't know who's going to be sueing who'. i hope you were kidding. if not ... well, dear god.

sigh. has it come down to this?

in answer to your question though: bands playing at the Wonky night include: Goodtime John (apparently), The Redneck Manifesto and the Jimmy cake, with loads of visuals and stuff, but don't go all crazy if i'm wrong.

also, you can hold back your lawyers and solicitors: i think the name is just for the night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dan of Ilk

Matey, if you were hoping Wonky at the guiness storehouse is going to be a flop, well I'm afraid the tickets sold out a few days ago.. and I have one...wooohoooo!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

aye, all sold out and seeing as they put 600 tickets on sale that's a pretty spectacular sign of how healthy the local music scene is at the moment.

regarding the 'sueing' bit - it was more of a tounge in cheek type comment rather than any serious statement of intent regarding legal action

i think irony or sarcasm or one of those best describes it

i'm sure there's enough room in the world for two wonkys

anyway, i'm i'll shut up now before i type my way into more trouble

in answer to mumblin' deaf ro's question about michael knight, the truth is that he should bloody well know considering he's a member of wonky music too

the rest of you will just have to wait to see the enigma in person on may 1st

if you can't wait until then - you can see both mumblin' deaf ro and michael knight 'supporting' keith moss at eamon doran's on sunday, 21st april

no abusive replies to this posting please

tanks

hello people,

this is just a little reminder about the gig. It's wednedsday the first of may, it's in the isaac butt and it's free.

and it has nothing to do with the wonky thing at the guinness store house.

we have decided to make this our last gig as a threesome (so to speak) until we launch proper releases at the end of the summer.

the individual members (so to speak) of wonky music (mumblin' deaf ro, nevada ray and michael knight) will, we hope, be doing support slots and show-case gig type things over the summer. we're also in the process of recording new demos.

wonky music is an independent collective of musicians. if you like the idea of starting from nothing, by-passing the commercial vultures and ending up with something of lasting value, then you might be interested in our music.

thanks for reading this and have a nice weekend.

see you on the other side.

nevada ray,
    wonky music.

Advertisement