Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm Help

Options
  • 10-04-2002 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure where this message should really be posted but I think that this is probably the best place.

I have a house alarm made by Aritech setup in my house. This is the model here. The problem is, the sensor over the hall door is faulty. It needs to be replaced. However I can't get into the setup menu! The guy who installed it put an "engineer password" on it! My password only activates and deactivates it!

So if I go anywhere near the sensor the alarm goes off! And the neighbours start to moan! All I want is to get into the menu turn it off and replace the sensor without having to ring up the guy and pay his hefty fixing fee which I could do if I had the password!

So is there anyone on boards with a knowledge of Alarm systems? Is there a master password for that alarm or can I take the panel off it and reset it somehow? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Em, call the guy and make him give you the password. Don't accept any bull about having to pay him for that, you're the owner of the equipment and should have control over it.

I dunno what board this ought to be on, so I'll leave it here.

[edit]/me looks at stereo_steve's .sig and narrows eyes.[/edit]

Advertisement