Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell recalls > 1/4 million notebook batteries

• 04-05-2001 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so I've gotten grief off Dav & Ed, just a warning to i5000 owners, your machine may spontaneously combust leaving you with a severe lack of genitalia and other things.

Or it might just get a bit warmer than usual... smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Dell is mounting a major recall of Inspiron 5000 and 5000(e) notebook batteries because of a flaw.

CNET has reported 284,000 batteries are being called back in because they can overheat. There's just one recorded incident of one of the Panasonic made batteries catching fire so far.

Inspirons were sold between January 2000 and March 2001. Not all of them contain the flawed batteries. </font>

And mine is an i7500 so :P

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Al.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

i remember a similar thing happened with the early iPaq's, in that they would erm, melt, after a certain time charging, nasty smile.gif

Advertisement