Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendation for a good Rock/metal club in Dublin.

• 11-04-2002 1:36pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was just wondering about the above question.I usually drink in Fibbers/The aquarium most Saturdays but am gettin a bit bored with this place now.
    Surely there has to be somewhere else that plays decent music in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bruxelles picks up a bit during the summer. Over the winter it gets absolutely packed on Fri/Sat nights and is full of 45 year-old skool rockers, so some nights the music is ****e all night. People go away during the summer tho, and younger people populate it, providing nubile young nymphs and a better mix of metal eras, imo.

We normally start off in Handels tho, which doesn't play any rock, but is normally jammers with rockers. Strange one that.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Euh... As far as I'm aware the one and only is Fibbers (Parnell Street, Centra Side).
    Fibbers is the 'Old' (Cool name) of the place. Now it's called the Club Aquarium, it's downstairs, everyday from 9pm to 3am.
    Dominion is held downstairs in Frazers every Saturday, but that's Goth/electro.
    Syndrome,is held every last Friday of the month in the Temple Pub on Dorset Street (Downstairs too)
    Then, as pubs you have Bruxelles, Up Grafton Street on the right hand side (opposide McDaids), I think it's St Anne's Street. Downstairs again.
    The Old Barn, another pub on Parnel street, about 2mn after Fibbers, on the same side.

Did I forget any?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Been there done the whole Bruxelles thing.I was just wondering cos after nearly ten years in Fibbers Im gettin a bit bored.

Weird, they never let me in Handels, even when I give my ID. What's so special in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Khynareth
    Weird, they never let me in Handels, even when I give my ID. What's so special in there?

That's a tad bizarre, considering I've seen anyone over 16 with a half decent ID get in there...anywho, it's not all that brilliant. Sometimes they have a hip-hop set and Mondays are open decks, so that's a laugh. Just seems to have a good 'pubby' atmosphere.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

I have been known to hear song loud music from both Issac Butts (opposite Busaras) and Whelans (somewhere in the arse-end of nowhere) occassionally.
    there are more gigs coming up though, so you may be able to forsake the pubs on a night out soon.
    Ozzfest
    Xtremefest
    Machinehead
    Cyclefly
    Pitchshifter
    My Dying Bride

thats a good lineup for the summer,. methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Khynareth
    Dominion is held downstairs in Frazers every Saturday, but that's Goth/electro.

Best club in Dublin, I'd say.
    Even beats the places I've been to in London, and that's saying a LOT.

Originally posted by SYL
    My Dying Bride

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Man, I'm up for that one!!!

And seeing as it's on a saturday, Dominion afterwards. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by SYL
    Whelans (somewhere in the arse-end of nowhere)
    Wexford Street. Bloody northsiders :rolleyes:

If your looking for Rock/Indie then Screamadelica in the TBMS on thursdays is a good night. The odd night in Dorans is that style too (thursdays as well i think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Whelans is a **** hole populated by indie kids.
    Dominion, fibbers, G2 (?) in Parnell mooneys on a Thursday, and this Danse Macabre club in O'Dwyers (on Mount st I think) starting tonight.

Originally posted by AngelWhore

Best club in Dublin, I'd say.
    Even beats the places I've been to in London, and that's saying a LOT.

Mmmh, too much wannabe Electro/downright techno to my taste, but people in there are cool, so it makes it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement