Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All esat/iol/snl complaints

• 03-05-2001 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Right folks just to let you know I agree the esat are making a huge mistake he and anyone that is getting cut off I feel sorry for. But please please stop starting a new tread every 5 minutes on the same topic. Can you all just keep to the one tread. There is now way too many treads covering the same topic imho it is getting to the stage of being trolls food.

kayos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

thsi is pretty big, and its understandable it going to be all over the board, but wait untill june 1st when every one gets cut off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Pretty big yes a big mistake on esats behalf yes a reason to totaly spam the tech boards NO. ffs you justa started a new topic on what are the email address for a few places if you look at the web sites for each you will find the address yet you spam these boards with more stupid posts...... mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

kayos

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yeah, he's got a point
    I am getting pritty ****ed off to seeing new thread's always being made

it is hard to keep track of all the topics, they over lape allot, but i dont think its going to go away, it will slow down to a craw in the next 2 weeks but june 1st this place is going to explod, ******** every were ever other word will be have ***** in it

i removed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

maybe we should get a tempory board of a community board for all this esat/iol/snl stuff. Anyone agree.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

pfft
    I think that's going a 'little' bit too far smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

maybe just an "I'm píssed off" or a "This písses me off" board biggrin.gif

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Nah, that's the CounterStrike board... biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rosie posie

lads lads lads... it is not ESAT'S fault that you are all being disconnected it's EIRCOMS if eircom gave esat as flat rate charge instead of a per minute rate none of this would of happened. but no eircom wont back down so esat have had to take such drastic measures okay i recieved the letter too maybe it could of been worded better but were all getting off the point here
    EIRCOM ARE THE BAD GUY'S HERE for christs sake iol gave us this package and we all used it to it's full potential were all given terms and conditions when we sign up you should off read them like i did and then you would off been prepared for something like this to happen im just as annoyed as ye all are about this but i feel eircom are the one's if we stood up to eircom and demanded they give iol a flat rate or set one up themselves that would be much better because if eircom start getting complaints of the snl people then we might get somewhere.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You're right of course, Eircom are to blame. In fact I think you should take another step up the ladder to the ODTR for farting about for so long. But the reason everyone is so piddled off is because of the incompetent, underhand way Esat have gone about this. Rather than being honest and admitting they screwed up, they're laying the blame at the door of the users. The users didn't screw up, Esat did, by offering this service in the first place. Everyone in telecomms knew it was unsustainable, including Esat. The service was probably set up as a loss leader to gain market share, which of course they achieved. But now their chucking people in the worst way possible, which is going to defeat the purpose. It's just crass stupidity on the part of the marketing department, they could have handled this a whole lot better. Jeez, /I/ could have handled it better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    yeah, he's got a point
    I am getting pritty ****ed off to seeing new thread's always being made
    </font>

Most of them should probably be just chucked into Trolls, and the conversation be just carried on with replies to *one* post. There's far too much replication - conversations are all over the gaff..

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

your right they could of handled it a whole lot better but they didnt,but the way it is is that snl isnt coming back no matter what way they COULD of said it or what ELSE they could of done.it was stupid marketing but it's done now.......

your right they could of handled it a whole lot better but they didnt,but the way it is is that snl isnt coming back no matter what way they COULD of said it or what ELSE they could of done.it was stupid marketing but it's done now.......

i want to complain about your complaint about all the complaints on this board, were should i go? smile.gif

anyway snl will be back, but not untill llu is nailed down, since llu is 24/7 access for a flat rate i see no problems with snl coming back sooner ratehr then later i hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Stop spouting crap Joe

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Hmmm well I was going to close a few of them.. but tbh they were all being posted to so I didn't see the point.

Certain people need to stop makin new threads about every little thing though... theres god knows how many threads currently about NTL and Esat, anymore threads that start repeating _will_ be deleted as I for one can't stand reading the same arguments/questions/answers being posted over and over again.

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 04-05-2001).]

just making a joke Moriarty, maybe you should pull your head out of your ass.

or if your comment was about snl, what the hell do you think will happen, o yea call everybody else stupid but dont dare venture an opinion of your own, you might be the wrong one then.

and kali, this stuff is becoming mind numbingly boring,i know ive added to it but, jesu christ, their being ****ed on day one, but alot of us knew this was coming since last friday.

[This message has been edited by Joe22 (edited 04-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe22:

anyway snl will be back
    </font>
    It hasnt gone anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I think esat are right to do what they are doing, I know its unlimited bla bla bla. But people that use the service so much do deserve to get booted off. There's one thing I dont understand. I often connect for 75 hours in one weekend, very seldom. But I definetly go over 75 a month on a regular occasion and I haven't got any letter. I think i'll manage to cut back to 2.5 hours a night any way. People in school or work, or generally people that have lives shouldnt be connected that much unless downloading something.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wormhole

i really don't understand the attitude of
    those who say esat have acted reasonably
    here, at no time have i or anyone i know
    to be useing the nolimits service been
    informed of any change to the terms of service.
    talk of 75hr a month limits are just that
    "talk" i was expecting some reduction of
    service or even suspension, what i was'nt
    expecting was victimisation this wretched
    letter blaming its customers for esat's own
    poor judgement will be its undoing.
    many nolimits users will have changed over to
    esats phone service if even 50% of these
    threaten to change back to eircom esat may
    change its mind but we cannot rely on this alone
    we must get organised i have set up a hotmail
    box nolimitsx@hotmail.com if you are interested please state if you are a esat
    phone user as this will be a major lever.
    oh BTW do you know who owns esat.....BT
    POT CALLS KETTLE BLACK!!!!!!!

wormhole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Well it all depends on your definition of 'reasonable'. It was wrong of them to act as if the over-use by a minority of users was an unexpected and heinous act, it was bound to happen.

But it's not unreasonable for them to cut back the service when it is costing them money. That way it preserves jobs, and maintains at least some level of service for those that have been left on (like my dad for one....).
    Everyone for months has been complaining how bad Esat has gotten for gaming, and they're mostly the same people who have stated here that they use SNL for massive ongoing downloading. Cause and effect.....

SNL was a free lunch, now some of you have been told you're going to have to pay to eat that much somewhere else. That's all, they haven't taken away your rights to the internet or anything, just your belief in your right to get it for next to nothing.
    Now, I know some of you are students or just don't have much cash, and I am sorry for the fact that this will curb your access - in an ideal world we'd all have govt. sponsored DSL to make us all information-equal, but it's not that kinda world, you get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wormhole

i am not a online gamer nor a downloader
    of gigs of softwear.
    at no time did ESAT make any effort to inform
    anyone that they were having difficulty
    an simple email to the users would have yeilded
    a substantial drop in usage they chose not
    to take even that simple step, when will
    your dad get a letter has he used an hour to much today how much is to much
    this is ongoing, a sword of damocles hangs
    over all the users, undefined limits and
    arbitary disconnections are a poor way to
    manage an isp at any time.

wormhole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Well look at me!

I'm the only member of my family that uses the net,and I have been at college since september,thats no usage from monday to Friday except on holidays.At weekends I might clock up 18 hours or so,so 18-20 hours a week constitutes overuse?! Of a service that supposedly has no limits.Forgive me if I think Esat are wrong to boot me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I agree with bugler, I use the net for surfing and downloading the (very) odd mp3.

I usually connect at 10 or 11p.m. and disconnect around 3a.m.

At the weekend I might be connected for an hour here and there totaling maybe 4 or 5 hours Sat and Sun.

I realise this is a fair amount on-line but I don't think it is excessive, yet I also got the letter.....??????????

OOOHH,I hear laughter in the rain.

Advertisement