Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert/Junior Cert

Options
  • 11-04-2002 4:06pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone's interested you can find the Junior Cert Timetable here.
    The Leaving Cert one can be found here.

In case I don't say it to ye all.
    Good luck in your exams!!
    Whether they be college secondry school or what have you...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

There pretty easy to find on the Department of Education and Science's website -- although fair play for linking and storing it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Yeah i know. but some people wouldn't know that they are there or where to look etc.
    Nih...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

hmm... leavingcert.net is done by relation of friend... as is juniorcert.net.

umm... *ADVERTISEMENT*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Played Podge, and I don't believe that u don't remember me

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

All i gotta say is "HUH???".

Podge == confust();

excuse the (pig)java...
    I'm a C.A. what can i say. we've got our own language...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

oh, you think youre soooooooooo smart, dont you podge. well, i may not know how to program but i do know where you live and where you go to college and where you used to go to school and what bus you used to get to that school and where your girlfriend lives and and and... yeah. and dont you forget it.

so, computers... um. i have some questions about that sort of thing. but if anyone feels like answering, please use simple language, cos i dont know much about computers. oh, and i mightnt use the right words when im asking. so you probly shouldnt answer this unless youre eamon trying to lurk. and chances are i will forget this stuff pretty soon and will live my life never needing to use it, but at least i will have known, and i'll know who to ask if i ever need to find out again.

1. do programers make software?
    2. are programmes the same as software, or is one made up of the other?
    3. is absolutely everything about computers that isnt solid software?
    4. are there special programs for every individual thing that happens in a webpage, or are there a few basic ones that can be adapted? like, these boards, are they made the same way as a yahoo messenger board, with a different layout, or are they completely different?
    5. are word processing and spreadsheet things made the same way as websites and stuff?
    6. do you grow a beard so that sparrows will have somewhere to nest in winter?
    7. is ctyiboards a website? or is the boards homepage a website? or is eache individuakl page a website?
    8. how come the smilies can just be there?
    9. how come people can be banned from message boards and groups? couldnt they just use a different name? or is each comouter an individual, so you cant sen any thing from it to somewhere youre banned from? and then what if a computer is being shared? and how come people who have been banned can be let back?
    10. huh?

i think thats as much as i'll be able to take in at a time. be gentle. and more importantly, be easy to understand. please?

and good luck to anyone doing orals and practicals soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

are those timetables meant to be secret for another while??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

conZ: no, they were distributed to schools ages ago.

Mahotée: here goes ...

1. Programmers program software, that is all the code you never see unless it's open source or (sometimes) a web application.
    2. A program is a software program. Much like software is a program, however software is the name given to all programs whereas a program is one individual program.
    3. No, Windows and such is software whereas your monitor, motherboard and such are hardware.
    4. Each webpage is made up of HTML code, messageboards are usually written in a server side programming language which generates this HTML code. These boards are written in a language called PHP.
    5. Yes and no, word processing packages and spreadsheets (such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel) are written in a Windows 32 programming code such as C++, C#, Visual Basic, VisualBasic.NET and Delphi. Webpages are written in a language called HTML, HTML is a very basic tag based language which anyone can learn in 15 minutes.
    6. I don't have a beard at all.
    7. It depends on which school of thought you subscribe to. Boards.ie is the website and every page beneath it is a webpage.
    8. What?
    9. When a computer is connected to the internet it is given an IP address and each computer has an individual IP address. An IP address is made up of 4 brackets of upto 3 numbers each, for example 198.162.40.1 or 127.56.78.282 -- IP address can range from 1.1.1.1 to 255.255.255.255. Now, when you are banned from a messageboard they usually ban your username so you can't post anymore, and they also ban your IP address so you can't just register another username. The problem with this is that users who have a dial-up connection, i.e they need to dial into their ISP everytime they want to connect to the internet normally get a new IP address every time they dial-up. Users with permanent connections, such as DSL or Cable usually have the same IP address even if they release and renew from their DHCP server. It's quite a complex subject that unless you really care about I wouldn't bother with.
    10. Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Kate, ignore bob.

The answers to your questions are as follows...
    1). no.
    2). no.
    3). no.
    4). no.
    5). no.
    6). no.
    7). no.
    8). maybe.
    9). no.
    10). Sure thing doll.

Thanks for being off assistance.

Advertisement