Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply fault

• 06-05-2001 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have a hardware problem with that Jaguar box I bought a while back, unfortunately the warranty is RTB so I have to send it back to have them sort it. I just thought I'd post on here to see if anyone had suggestions.

The problem is that the system will sometimes fail to power on from just hitting the main power button. The only solution I've come up with is to turn off and on the power on the wall socket (several times) before it gets some power. I can then use the power button and it will start fine. I don't like this for various obvious reasons, I'm worried about doing more damage to the PC first off.

I can not reproduce this problem on a regular basis.

It certainly seems to me like a loose wire or connection in (a) the power switch on the box, or more likely (b) the power supply itself.

Any hints/advice before I send it in?

Cheers,
    Al.

Advertisement