Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sat access

Options
  • 11-04-2002 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

well i know of beam but they dont offer a very reliable service as they say for downloads
    up to 512
    which could end up being the same speed as a 56ker .

the price dosent reely matter as long as it is a 24/7 connection and that the max cap per month aint below about 4 gigs and max cap per day dosent exist .

anyone know of any companies or any other tec that would also do the same job .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

net/comms?...and no sat service is ever going to produce the advertised speeds, even 2mb/sec on bi-direction sat (even both ways) falls to about 400k after all the distance travelled, pings, latency.

If money does not matter then the world of bi-directional sat is your oyster, now check google man.

/anyone else see Educom @ Expo, i stole the mad dish...aha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

there is a company offering a 2 year contract with a monthly cap of 10G a month with speeds of between 128K an 512K, it was the same price as eircons isdn per month... if you want more info let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

You can always have a look here: http://www.bite-ltd.com/satellite1.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

searrad ive sent you a mail .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

i lost the form!!!!,

but im working on it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

Originally posted by SearrarD
    there is a company offering a 2 year contract with a monthly cap of 10G a month with speeds of between 128K an 512K, it was the same price as eircons isdn per month... if you want more info let me know

isdn used to be €44.55 now its €37.50
    or are u talking about how much eircom charged for isdn years ago?is there any hidden costs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

searrard can u check your pm's please

Advertisement