Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question re velvet underground

Options
  • 11-04-2002 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

maybe someone can help me. the velvet underground have an album with a banana on the front designed by Andy Warhol.
    I need to know the name of the album. I think it's called 'Andy Warhol' but can someone please confirm this.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

It's called "Peel Slowly & See"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

I always thought the album title was just 'The Velvet Underground' and the peel slowly and see bit was the instruction for the banana on the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

My mistake - it was called 'The Velvet Underground and Nico' two completely different albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Yep, it's called "The Velvet Underground & Nico". Peel Slowly and See is a box set, complete with peelable banna, it has all their studio albums and some rare stuff, demos, live stuff etc.
    "The Velvet Underground" is the name of their 3rd album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

The inital copies of the original album had a peelable banana with the instruction to "peel slowly and see", on all the reissues it's just a printed banana. Then they resurrected the idea for the box set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The album gets called Andy Warhol sometimes, because Warhol signature is at the bottom, so people assumed that was the name. (some useless trivia for you all :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Jimmy

thanks guys.

i think it was warhol's signature that confused me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I think they put his name on the front because at the time he was well known but the band weren't

Advertisement