Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken recipe...

Options
  • 11-04-2002 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

OK,

I'm waving my own flag a bit here, but while shopping today, I had an idea for a recipe, derived from 2 or 3 damn nice things I've eaten in the past.

Having just cooked it, I can honestly say it turned out damned good - even to the point of surprising me with how well it all fit in.

Its a tad expensive - it worked out at about €8/person for the total meal, but damn was it worth it.

Any here's what it was (2 people) :

1) Got 2 handfuls of spinach. Rinsed, and place din a large saucepan (no further water needed - just whats on it from the rinsing), covered and boiled the water off.

2) Got 2 reasonably large chicken fillets, and "butterfly" but them open into largish flat pieces (cut the thick part of the breast in two from the centre out, until it can be folded out).

3) Mixed some Philadelphia (I'm gonna try Gruyere next time) with some barlauch (*to be explained*), and put a healthy dab in the middle of each chicken piece. Close and sealed with cocktail sticks, giving a sort-of Kiev style breast.

4) Put 3-4 slices of prosciutto together on a flat surface, making a sheet. Added 1/2 spinach into the middle of this, flattening into a "base". Placed chicken on this. Wrapped prosciutto around chicken, with one more slice to cover the top if needed. Same for other chicken breast with rest of spinach

5) Ovened at 220 for 30 mins.

6) Served with baked potato, and a fresh green salad with home-made vinagrette. Accompanied with an Australian Chardonnay.

Now - if you're still reading.....what the hell is barlauch? Barlauch is the german term for "wild garlic", which is a green leaf with a garlicy taste. Its a member of the same family. You could replace it with real garlic mixed with some chives, I reckon.

Anyway....just thought I'd share this in case anyone was interested. The end result was outstanding, with the chicken being assaulted by ham on all sides, spinach from below, and garlic/cheese from the centre. Well cool.

jc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Can try that one, it's certainly cheaper, but it's good too.

Take 2 chicken filets, 3 fresh lemon juice, 2 spoons of olive oil.

Leave the chicken to marinate in the lemon juice + olive oil with a bit of powdered ginger, chili & salt for 3h.

take a frying pan, heat it and put your filets in it. When they are golden, add the marinade (the sauce the chicken was in, just in case), cover and let cook on a low fire.

Serve with Basmati rice and lettuce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Sounds good Bonkey. It sounds like a dish I always eat in a particular restaurant I go to. There's melted cheese involved as well though. Lovely... :)

Advertisement