Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempt to form an Internet(ISOC) Ireland chapter

• 06-05-2001 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

It dawned on me today that I should contact .ie newsgroups about the above, Below is some info about it, We have also set up a mailing list the address which you can use to
    >subscribe, is:
    >
    >http://isoc.taint.org/mailman/listinfo/isoc

As you can see from that mailing list we have had one meeting and are planning to hold a second one next Friday. I should add that I have nevere been involved with any previous attempts to set this up. An Isoc Ireland chapter (if it existed) would undoubtedly have something to say about the current No-limits shennagans.

Wolfgang Truetzschler
    >

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I wouldn't use the phrase "chapter" if I was you. A little too much like KKK or organised religion terminology.

Either way, bad juju :)

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nietzon

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Robbo:
    I wouldn't use the phrase "chapter" if I was you. A little too much like KKK or organised religion terminology.

Either way, bad juju smile.gif

</font>

The Internet Society (www.isoc.org) calls its local organisations all over the world chapters. It's not my choice.

Wolfgang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nietzon

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Robbo:

Either way, bad juju smile.gif

</font>

The Internet Society (www.isoc.org) calls its local organisations all over the world chapters. It's not my choice.

Wolfgang

Advertisement