Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SG:1 Episode

• 11-04-2002 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I don't know the name of the episode but it's the one when T'ealc and McGyver are the only ones who are aware that the same day is repeating, a bit of a ground hog day episode. I must say it was some of the funniest stuff to come out of a single episode of any sci-fi series. Teeing off through the stargate had me in stitches :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I agree I saw it yesterday on sky one and i was in stitches. I loved it when daniel suggested that they could do anything they liked. T'ealk nailing the guy who was hitting him with the door was sweet. and jack resigning was also cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

aye classic stuff
    funniest stargate episode EVAR :D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Window of Opportunity. Yup its class :)

Ya, Teal'c slamming the door in yer mans face is so funny. Although i still think O'Neill knocking Sargeant Siler down the stairs by accident in Upgrades (ep where they got armbands that turned them into supermen) has to be the funniest moment in all of SG1 :)

actually i didn't think that knocking yer man down was that funny but jack ordering the steaks was slightly better

wait when he was testing his strength on the ball thing and the tocra one says something like- you are showing 5 times normal human strength. jack- so no change there. boom boom.

incedentally what do you cal the actress who plays the tocra woman with the nice baps

Vanessa Angel i think, she was in Kingpin with Woody Harrelson

• Advertisement

thanks, i thought she seemed familiar. and hot too.

Unfortunately she probably won't be back in Season 6 of SG1, she isn't especially popular with the female fans :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Aye, that episode is class. The funniest moment has to be when Col. O'Neill is driving golf balls through the Stargate, and Gen. Hammond catches him.
    Hammond: Col. O' Neill, what the hell do you think you're do...
    O'Neill outraged: In the middle of my backswing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I missed that episode the other night and I wanted to see what all the fuss about! So I just downloaded it! I must say, that was fantastic! Very funny! I loved the way O'Neill kept giving bad examples! The door being slamed in T'ealc's face everyday was great too!

Does anyone know of any other great episodes? I think I've seen nearly all of them though.

The Other Side was on channel 4 tonight, imo its one of the if not the best episode of season 4. It's got a good story, and the music is excellent (suits the atmosphere of the episode very well). It also has Rene Auberjonois guest staring (Odo from DS9).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...I'm delighted to see a sci-fi series with a sense of humour, dammit. In particular, I think Richard Dean Anderson gets some great lines as the technophobic Col. Jack O'Neill - here's a couple:

"They put that damn memory thing on me. And then they gave me something that reminded me of the seventies"
    -- "The Devil You Know"

"Um, you all know I take great pride in my title as Mr. Positive. Hopwever, we did destroy their de-goa'ulding thing. Might not they look unkindly on that?"
    -- "Thor's Chariot"

"Teal'c, look scary and take point"
    -- "Prisoners"

Jackson: "Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music"
    O'Neill: "Sex and drugs and rock'n'roll?"
    Jackson: "In a manner of speaking, yeah."
    -- "Hathor"

"I remember something. There's a man. He's bald and wears a short-sleeved shirt, and somehow he's very important to me. I think his name is Homer"
    -- "Beneath the Surface"

"I have great confidence in you, Carter. Go back to the SGC and confuse Hammond"
    -- "Red Sky"

"It's always suicide mission this, save the planet that... no-one just drops by to say 'hi' anymore..."
    -- "Summit (Part 1)"

Gadget :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by kaids
    Ya, Teal'c slamming the door in yer mans face is so funny.
    lol that was great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

or the one where they are trying to get the technology of some other planet / culture ( in the middle of a civil war) in exchange for water ( the nazi type / racial purity dudes )

Daniel: Their in the middle of a raging fire and we're giving them gasoline
    Tealc: i believe we are in fact giving them water Daniel Jackson
    Daniel: i was being metaphoric
    Jack: Well dont - its not fair on teal'c

or

when hammond o'neill the asquard and some other dudes set up the sting to carch the rogur iris

Hammond: Were the rest of you in on this aswell??
    Jack: no sir daniel and sam expresed their ojections to me!
    Hammond: and what about Teal'c
    Jack: Well he didnt say anything but i could tell he did not approve by the way he kinda cocked his head to one side and raised his eyebrow!!

fu[kin class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

another one from the one where they are trying to get the technology of some other planet / culture ( in the middle of a civil war) in exchange for water ( the nazi type / racial purity dudes ) that was on Channel 4 last night :

Jack: I get the feeling he's concealing something.
    Teal'c: I too am of that opinion O'Neill.
    Jack: Yeah, but what is it?
    Teal'c: I do not know O'Neil, he was concealing it.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

For me it's the episode where the light-alien (one of Oma Desala's crowd) follows Sam back through the Gate and starts trying to chat her up. O'Neill and T'ealc turn up with Pizza and Star Wars and she turns them away.
    On the way down the drive -
    O'Neill "What now"
    T'ealc " I have heard tell of a place where your females do battle in an arena of jello"
    pause...
    O'Neill "Call Daniel".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yeah, you have to love the funnies in SG1 - especially the driving golf-balls through the gate.

Teal'c get's the odd one liner, but O'Neill is the master (and why wouldn't he - he used to be McGyver!)
    O'Neill "What now"
    T'ealc " I have heard tell of a place where your females do battle in an arena of jello"
    pause...
    O'Neill "Call Daniel".
    Rules! :)

In the Groundhog Day episode, when you realise that poor ol' Teal'c's been starting his day with a door in the face every morning and then *WHACK* on the poor unfortunate - classic stuff.

The whole calling Nutrino's Nintendo's in a mad serious tone of voice gets me everytime.

or have you seen the one where tealc and jacks bodies are swapped - you get to see jack doing all of teal'c's mannerisms - and vica versa - oh it's so funny - there's one bit where there in the briefing room and Teal'c (Jack) is acting all angry and agitated and Jack (Teal'c) is all calm and logical and then they show the faces of hammond , sam and daniel and their all freaked out - funny ****!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i haven't seen that one :( io havne't seen most of the new ones at all, which sucks. i used to follow that show religiously.

"Jack: Well he didnt say anything but i could tell he did not approve by the way he kinda cocked his head to one side and raised his eyebrow!!
    "
    that's one of the funniest lines in the entire series :)

a few more:

Teal'c: "Undomesticated wild equines could not remove me"
    Jack: "Wild horses Teal'c"

Jack "Look, I'm sick of lying around, help me up"
    Teal'c "Dr Fraiser believes you are not strong enough to undertake suc a mission"
    Jack "Yeah, whatever" Jack gets out of bed and falls in a heap on the floor at Teal'c's feet.
    Teal'c looks down at him "Dr Fraiser is usually correct in such matters"
    Teal'c reaches down picks up Jack and drops him face first onto the bed.
    Jack (muffled) "Thank you"
    Teal'c "You are welcome"

Martin: Top secret device government programme involving instantaneous travel to other solar systems by means of device called a stargate
    Jack: Sounds like a good idea for a tv show.... if you're into that sort of thing

Advertisement